It wasn’t long ago that I mentioned in a video that I like to store my MAC shadows in a palette like a Zpalette. From time to time I switch up my “go-to” palette to keep things interesting and discover new color combinations I like. I thought I’d share my current rotation with you.

Current MAC Palette Shadows

The way I organize my everyday palette isn’t by color. I usually sort them from top to bottom in a 4 color combination I want to try or that I am currently using. I just eye up colors I think might look nice together or past favorites and put them in rows. It’s easier for me when I’m getting ready in a rush to go down a row than to scatter all over the entire palette.

From T-B, L-R: Shroom, Patina, Expensive Pink, Handwritten
Naked Lunch, Omega, Mystery, Sketch
Phloof!, Mulch, Contrast, Nehru
Blanc Type, Vex, Copperplate, Brun
Vanilla, Quarry, Trax, Twinks
Retrospeck, Moleskin (LE), Arena, Fig 1
Seedy Pearl, Motif, Creme d’Violet, Star Violet

Current MAC Palette Shadows Swatches 3

Swatches L-R: Handwritten, Expensive Pink, Patina, Shroom, Sketch, Mystery, Omega, Naked Lunch

My newest favorite is Expensive Pink. It goes so well with golds and bronze shades! Shroom is a lovely inner corner color and I can use Omega and Mystery together for my brows.

Current MAC Palette Shadows Swatches 2

Swatches L-R: Nehru, Contrast, Mulch, Phloof!, Brun, Copperplate, Vex, Blanc Type

I like Nehru over a regular black shadow because when I use it on my lashline it makes the whites of my eyes look brighter. Vex is interesting shade-shifter and I’ve been pairing it with Copperplate, a combo I only recently discovered.

Current MAC Palette Shadows Swatches 1

Swatches L-R: Twinks, Trax, Quarry, Vanilla, Fig 1, Arena, Moleskin, Retrospeck, Star Violet, Creme d’Violet, Motif, Seedy Pearl

This has to be my favorite part of this palette right now. I’m loving the Motif/Creme d’ Violet combo and pairing Arena with Fig 1 and Retrospeck. I think the whole Pantone Color of the Year might be influencing this… maybe. ;)

I love being able to organize my own palettes and getting to change them at a whim. There’s something very satisfying about being the master of your own makeup destiny.

11 Responses to “My Current MAC Palette Rotation”

1. Brianna says:

I have never seen Expensive Pink before – what a gorgeous color!

xo Glazed Over

2. Dovey says:

Hi Danielle,

You’ve reminded I *still* need quarry (and handwritten as well!)

3. berrymix says:

Lovely shades! There are so many colors here that I haven’t swatched before. Adding those to my list!

4. Sunny says:

Wow, that is an extensive and well-chosen collection! I own a small handful of MAC shadows. Sumptuous Olive was my first love! Now come to think of it I should take it out again :)

5. I’m going to have to check out Vex. Copperplate is one of my all time favorite eyeshadows. That combination looks intriguing. Quarry, Seedy Pearl, Nehru & Contrast look interesting as well. You have a well edited “neutral with a twist” palette Danielle!

6. Gorgeous selection of colors! Thank you for all the swatches, they’re all amazing!

7. Latoya says:

I’m loving each of these colour stories like MAD! It’s crazy how orange Arena looks on you! It’s almost a nude on me lol. I have always had a thing for Sketch and I see now I really do need it STAT!

This is a great way to organize shadows without have to buy a hundred empty quads. I’d love to see your favorite eye looks for each quad set.

9. I’m always switching up my regular palette too. It’s a good way to keep rediscovering new combos you may never have thought to put together. You actually reminded me I have Moleskin somewhere. I had meant to depot it. I love it for crease colour.

10. Miss Louise says:

I just started collecting MAC shadows :) I have about 10 now and the first few I wasn’t too impressed with, but the others have been pretty good! I’m glad I have some recommendations for my new palette :)

11. wtmontana says:

I NEED Expensive Pink. I’d love Quarry and Phloof. Gorgeous shades.