Happy New Year! I’m back with comparison swatches this time. It’s been far too long since I last posted comparisons….or even posted in general. I hope the holidays treated you well.

MAC recently released a new collection called Après Chic. Initially I knew that the oh-so-famous Stereo Rose was being repromoted in it. I already own Stereo Rose and while it is a lovely product, I don’t necessarily buy into all the hype that surrounds it. Having said that, I did purchase the other MSF released in this collection called Porcelain Pink. I have wanted this shade for awhile so it was nice to see it come out again.

MAC Porcelain Pink

Porcelain Pink is a gorgeous light pinky-coral highlighter. It was smooth to the touch but I did notice a little bit of chunky shimmer once swatched on my arm. The shimmer is much less apparent when actually applied.

MAC Porcelain Pink Up Close
Up close picture of the veining.

MAC Porcelain Pink Swatch Comparisons
Swatches L-R: MAC By Candlelight, MAC Redhead, MAC Porcelain Pink, Bobbi Brown Platinum Pink

Porcelain Pink is the sheerest in color and looks the most natural when applied.

I also indulged in a few of the lipsticks released in this collection:

MAC Haute Altitude Lipstick
Haute Altitude

MAC Hot Chocolate Lipstick
Hot Chocolate

MAC Apres Chic Lipstick
Après Chic

MAC Apres Chic Lipstick Swatch Comparisons Dupes
Swatches L-R (all MAC) Après Chic, Cockney, Viva Glam Cyndi; Haute Altitude, Lovelorn, Crème Cup; Hot Chocolate, Offshoot, Spice

As you can see from above Haute Altitude is probably the least unique. It is nicely pigmented, though and comfortable to wear. Hot Chocolate is definitely one of those ‘love or hate’ type of shades. I personally think it’s awesome. Après Chic is a sophisticated yet subtle red. It is incredibly wearable and just makes for a very polished look.

In all I’m very happy with my purchases. MAC has disappointed me with some of their more recent collections, but this isn’t one of them! Did any of you check out this collection? What caught your eye the most?

13 Responses to “MAC Apres Chic: Swatches & Comparisons”

1. Dovey says:

Hi Danielle, I like how natural Porcelain Pink looks! A pale pink highlight is always welcome in my book :)

2. Coco says:

Even though it’s so brown, I feel like I NEED Hot Chocolate. It seems so beautiful x

3. Jenny says:

Porecelain pink looks lovely but it might be a bit too light and sheer for my liking!

4. Ahhh i love the way Porcelain Pink looks!!! i passed on it bc i preferred by Candle light but the lipstick swatches here are amazing!

5. wtmontana says:

I adore that MSF! And the Lovelorn lipstick is a gorgeous shade I’ve never seen before too.

6. I love to see you posting, your swatches are just beautiful!

7. Annick says:

Yay!!

I’m surprised to see Porcelain Pink is so light! It’s still pretty though!

Love Haute Altitude! So wish it was still available – things sold out pretty quickly online!

Oh, I’m glad you picked up Hot Chocolate! I love how different it is!

9. Latoya says:

I am so removed from most of the MAC releases now…but as always, your swatches make me think I gotta go check it out ASAP! I like all the items you picked up – for me nothing caught my eye from other collection swatches I saw, but I’m sure I could find something :P

10. Hello, Danielle! Hope you’ve been having a good start to 2013. The sheen on Porcelain Pink is so gorgeous, as are all of those lipsticks (including the ones in your comparison swatches haha). Would love to see how you wear Hot Chocolate, if you happen to do an FOTD with that. It’s so different but so gorgeous!

11. I love Haute Altitude! The bullet looks like a normal colour but the swatch really makes it stand out. I’ve missed your swatches =)

12. I totally agree with you!! Lately MAC hasn’t really convinced me but this collection was a true winner :) I finally managed to get my hands on Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose and I absolutely love them! BTW i adore your blog!! Instantly added it to my favorites list :) xx

13. I don’t care for MSFs at all usage-wise but they are so gorgeous to look at. Your swatches have me thinking second thoughts. :)

Apres Chic is such a peppy colour for this dreary season!