Hello! Remember me? Long-lost wayfaring beauty lover? If you follow me on Twitter I posted a few updates over the last two months about what has been going on with me. I have gone through several personal changes, not the least of which is a job (though not career) change and relocating to the Chicago area. It’s been fun living in a bigger city but it’s been incredibly time-consuming during the adjustment. I’m happier than I can ever remember being and look forward to the other exciting things this new chapter of my life will bring. I thought it would be incredibly scary moving to a big city and away from my lifelong friends and family, and I was right. However, I have a great support system so it’s made it a lot easier for me. I also appreciate everyone who has emailed, tweeted and messaged me the past two months. I cannot tell you how much it brightened my day when I saw that. What also surprised me was the amount of visits my site still received even without any new posts. I owe a huge thank you to all of you for sticking this out with me!

Anyway, consider this my “welcome home” entry. I included few photos below to show some upcoming posts. I will be easing back into this so don’t expect daily posts, but I am shooting for 5-6 posts a month at this point, more if I can. I also just received my Chanel Notorious today- I haven’t photographed or swatched it yet but I’m super pumped to feature it once I do. You can also expect a few Dior eyeshadow palettes, some of the Sephora Cinderella collection and a few other bits and bobs including perfume (which I have really been getting into the last 2-3 months). I’m also planning a favorites post that includes what I have really been using during my move/transition (hint-some *awesome* staple products I have discovered).

Thanks again for sticking it out with me and being patient. I’m happy to be back in a sense and look forward to not only post/interacting again, but reading all of the blogs I have missed so much!

Danielle

14 Responses to “I’m Back! A Quick Update and Preview”

1. Coco says:

I do love your posts. Glad you’re settled in now! xx

Welcome back, Danielle! I missed you! I’m so excited that you’ve moved to Chicago – all of my family is there and I grew up there. It’s my favorite city! :) Can’t wait for your upcoming posts – I spy a few products I love in there, too! (and I’ve been looking for the new Sonia Kashuk palettes everywhere – they’re always sold out in my stores!) :) xo, Jess

Welcome back, darling!!! We missed you.

4. So nice to have you back, Danielle! Can’t wait to see everything you’re going to feature! I sure missed you :)

5. Chelsea says:

Yay! So glad you’re back! I was afraid that you were leaving us for good, which would have been a shame because this is definitely one of my favorite beauty blogs. Looking forward to new posts! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see YOU back!!!!!!!!1

7. Beth Hardy says:

Ahhhhh….can’t wait! But congrats!

8. Welcome back! Can’t wait to see what you have in store…I especially look forward to hearing about those perfumes :)

9. Alice says:

Welcome back. Look forward to more posts again. x

10. Tara says:

Great to see you posting again. Looking forward to seeing swatches and reviews!
    xx

11. Welcome back! Can’t wait to see your favorites post!

Yay! Glad you’re back. I missed your amazing photos and swatches (they seem to be among the most accurate I’ve found).

13. I never tweeted but I did forlornly check your blog every week or so and sigh wistfully at my computer screen when you weren’t home. I’m glad you are going to get some time in a big city– Chicago is fabulous. Wave hi to my favorite sister Theresa if you see her around some time ;)