This Just In! New Burberry Shadows for Fall 2012

Eeek! Fall is just around the corner and I’m finally able to say I’m looking forward to it. I love the summer- the hot days and long nights, the sun, swimming and everything in between. However, the fall is such a special time of year. The brisk air, the falling leaves…everything is just so magical. Including, and this is important, the makeup. That’s why since I first learned of these new shadows being released by Burberry months ago I was already excited for autumn to get here.

The two new shades are #23 Dark Sable and #24 Mulberry and both are gorgeous- though I’ll admit Mulberry steals the show.

Dark Sable

Mulberry

I’ve only just received these, but as you can see from my previous collection post on Burberry eyeshadows, I’m no stranger to their formula and their excellence. They are by far my favorite high end powder eyeshadow. The packaging and etching are the icing on the cake.

Swatches L-R: Burberry Taupe Brown, Burberry Dark Sable, Burberry Mulberry, Burberry Midnight Brown

I was struck by how close Dark Sable was to Taupe Brown. It’s definitely a bit warmer, more brown but I did not expect them to be this similar. That makes Mulberry stand out even more. There isn’t anything like it in the current Burberry line up. It’s a beautiful slightly burgundy brown with loads of dimension, just like Midnight brown. It’s autumnal perfection in pan form. If I could only choose one of the two new shades, it’d hands down be Mulberry.

They are both available online at Nordstrom right now. The shadows retail for $29/each.

This entry was posted in Burberry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to This Just In! New Burberry Shadows for Fall 2012

1. Liz says:

I love the look of Dark Sable in the pan but the Mulberry swatch really is stealing the show! Gorgeousness!

Oh my goodness Danielle are you ever right! Mulberry is an autumn must have!

3. EEEP I am so excited! Now I’m thinking we need to get Golden Trench too! ;)

gorgeous set of super rich and gorgeous browns! Like perfect colors of cocoa! bring on fall!

5. Mulberry=YES! Definitely know which shades my first Burberry shadows will be: Mulberry and Rosewood :D

6. Dovey says:

Sigh, absolutely rich and gorgeous. I think the slight red in mulberry makes it so pretty!

7. Mulberry is a fantastic shade! I’ll have to check it out!

Seriously *drooling* over Mulberry!

9. Toya says:

Ah, dammit. I was trying to hold out on Mulberry, though the few swatches I’ve seen around have been plaguing my brain – now it’s official! I’m ordering this ASAP!!!! :D

10. They’re equally gorgeous, although Mulberry is a bit more interesting. Love them both, and I’ve heard so many good things about Burberry’s eyeshadow formula at this point that I’m just debating which color to start with LOL. And I’m with you on fall! I think there’s just so much possibility in the air…I love it.

11. Nancy says:

I cannot decide if I should get Taupe Brown or Dark Sable. I was thinking of getting both but maybe they are to similar. Do you recommend getting both? if not which one do you think is the winner? Thank you.

12. Yamille says:

do you think that dark sable is similar to UD snikebite??? by the way, because of you, i just bougth porcelain, midnigth brown and pale barely, and im going to buy mulberry, but im not sure about dark sable……

13. Reggie says:

No offense but your swatches look a bit too yellow.