The Lipstick Bandits Say: “It’s Summer, Sheer Me Out!”

The Lipstick Bandits are back (and so I am- but that’s a different story for a different day!) with a new feature just in time for the dog days of summer- sheer lipsticks that are totally worthy of those melty-sun afternoons. You know what I’m talking about. ;) A kiss of color and shine that makes eating a Popsicle look like a fine art.

My choice was fairly easy. I had purchased this lipstick last fall and have never done a proper feature on it. It has appeared in comparison swatches but the formula is what makes this stand out above the crowd. It’s the Giorgio Armani Sheer Lipstick in #36

The color verges between coral and pink (a total Danielle shade to be sure). It boasts a juicy shine, buildable color and a texture that feels a lot like buttah- in the best way possible.

Giorgio Armani Sheer Lipstick #36

Swatches L-R: Giorgio Armani #36, MAC Gotta Dash, MAC Full Speed, Chanel Flirt, MAC Flamingo

Like all sheer lipsticks the color you end up with is really dependent on your natural lip color. My lips are naturally a light pink and not very pigmented so for me what you see is what you get for the most part. If your lips are more pigmented I would recommend always trying before buying when you can that way you can avoid spending good money on a lipstick that looks like a clear gloss (yep, happens to the best of us), unless of course that’s what you’re after. :)

Product Breakdown:

Face:

• Marcelle BB Cream- Medium to Dark (thanks Arianne!)
  • Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer Medium
  • Mark Pro Bronzer
  • Chanel Fleur de Lotus Blush (review coming- LOVE)
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pearl
  • MAC Set Powder

Eyes:

• Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense #26 & #28 over lids/crease/lower lashline
  • MAC Phloof in inner corner
  • Urban Decay Demolition 24-7 liner
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara

Lips:

• Giorgio Armani Sheer Lipstick #36

The Giorgio Armani lipstick formula is comfortable and easy to wear/apply. It’s one of the best sheer formulas I have tried. Although, as with most sheers the wear time isn’t as long as a regular or matte lipstick would be. Verdict? Lipstick Bandit approved for all kinds of summer fun. :)

Check out the other Lipstick Bandit’s picks for more hot-weather lippies!

This entry was posted in Giorgio Armani, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Lipstick Bandits Say: “It’s Summer, Sheer Me Out!”

1. Love love love LOVE this one on you, Danielle! This looks like a color I’d appreciate too if it actually shows up on my pigmented lips :)

2. Kristi C. says:

This is totally a Danielle color! Utterly luscious & end-of-summer perfection! Sheer lipsticks are tough because of how much the color can change based on lip pigmentation. But worth the effort to find one that works. Love how they feel on!

TOTALLY a Bloomz colour! I can say WOW you look amazing, but it’s been said so many times so I’ll just say…

Woof. (in Brinks’ voice) ;)

Glad you’re back! This color is definitely very you :)

5. xiao says:

It is such a total Bloomz color! I love how you can rock every coral/peach in the world.

6. Alison M says:

Such a great shade for you. Easy for summer but bright enough to make it fun.

Yep, definitely a Danielle shade :) I’m with Xiao – you OWN those shades like no other!

8. Liz says:

Love this shade! I love that you guys did a sheer lip for summer. :D

9. Such a perfect color! I hear Armani has arrived to the Sephora I go to in France (still, 100km away, but doable) so I’ll be sure to check those out!

10. LOVE this on you! It’s a Bloomz shade for sure! You look amazing and glowy! I need to try a GA lipstick soon I think!

11. ahahah definitely a Bloomz color! Looking at this in the tube, I would never have guessed it was a sheer lippie. Love it on you :)

12. Arrrggh–you Lipstick Bandits are killing me! I’m obsessed with sheer lipstick (it’s the only kind I’ll wear…) and I’ve been dying to try the GA Rouge d’Armani Sheers–this color is heavenly! And it goes so well with the Fleur de Lotus blush (which, incidentally, I have!). I must make this mine…

13. Ooh, I loooove this shade! I think I need to reconsider this whole “I’m not into sheers” thing I’ve got going on. The other Bandits clearly know what sheer lippies look good on those with pigmented lips.

14. Toya says:

You pretty much make me want any lipstick you showcase Danielle, they all look fantastic on you!! I’m reading these posts on sheer lippies you gals are doing and it’s making me think seriously about picking up a few for myself – I think I may have one, and it’s really not doing it for me. My lips are like Dani’s, sometimes pigmented and sometimes not, which makes it tricky. I’m dying to try this GA formula too, it just sounds so lovely!!

15. Paris B says:

Wow! Ok I’m putting this one in my KIV list of lipsticks to get in the future. I love GA lipsticks but I’d never tried their sheer ones. This looks perfect and absolutely beautiful on you!

Danielle, for shame! You and those swatches of juicy, shiny and beautiful peachy corals! Can I have one of everything?

This shade seems made for you, but then again so do most lippies that you apply!

17. Coco says:

You have a great collection on Sheer Lipstick. Seems a lot of people like Fleur de Lotus. It was out in Asia earlier. Too bad that I didn’t pick up, hope they still have stock for me. I need to buy it now!

18. LOVE that shade on you.. So soft and feminine!