Just wanted to drop you all a quick note about a new Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense shade that has been released- and I only just received it moments ago. I wanted to get this up quickly so that you could see it’s gorgeous-ness and comparisons to other shades. This collection of Eyes to Kill shadows contains 6 new shades and is available on Nordstrom’s and the Giorgio Armani website.

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense #28 Red Platine- Rose Gold lovers- this one’s for you!

I have already reviewed this formula countless times (a simple search of my site will yield several posts) so already know these shadows are winners. This shade immediately jumped out at me after it was described to me as being “rose gold.” Say no more! *insert beauty addict jibe here*

Light and heavy swatches

The color stays true to pan with a beautiful brown-ish rose and gold shot throughout. It is stunning! As I mentioned, the formula of the Eyes to Kill Intense shadows is flawless. They stay on all day without a primer on my eyes, the colors are complex and the sheen is sublime. I can’t say anything bad about them at all.

Swatches L-R: Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmerwash Shadow, GA ETK #28 lightly, heavily, Laura Mercier Rose Gold Metallic Creme Eye Color

The Giorgio Armani shade is less pink than the other three making it more wearable (at least in my book since I don’t really care that much for pink eyeshadows).

I don’t know yet whether these new shades are permanent or limited edition, but I will update this post when I find out! I may end up with another shade or two from this launch but would like to see some more swatches come out before I make up my mind. They retail for $32/each.

Are you as big a rose gold fanatic as I am? Do you ever buy things completely sight unseen and hope for the best?

19 Responses to “Beauty PSA: You NEED This New Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Shade!”

1. Oooo Danielle, thanks so much for the swatch! I will get to see/swatch this collection in a couple of days, so I’ll decide then. However this one is gorgeous!!! It’s just to-die-for. I’m at a complete loss of words!

2. No, never! I always do a very thorough search of reviews and swatches before making up my mind. If there are none available, there is a pretty good chance I’ll just skip it!

Myyyy goodness. Look at it in the pot. I would be afraid to touch and ruin it.

I feel that way every time I get one of these. It looks so so pretty before you touch it- it’s hard to ruin it!

4. Maria A Ruiz says:

Thanks for these swatches. Today I was searching online for rose gold eyeshadow swatches. Do you know if MAC has any rose gold eyeshadows? Thanks

The closest I can think of to a rose gold would be something like Expensive Pink or Paradisco- though I wouldn’t really classify them as rose gold on their own. Bobbi Brown’s is a nice powder version though!

5. Taylor says:

I love my golds, this one is so beautiful.
    xx

6. I LOVE ROSE GOLDS! They are the only golds I can wear! This looks perfect.
    You should check out Chantecaille’s Rose Gold eyeshadow girl! It’s my fave.

7. Kate says:

I’ve bought things sight unseen several times, from brands that just aren’t available here, although, to be fair, I’ve almost always seen swatches of them on line. Still never quite matches the real thing, though.

This shade looks really gorgeous and I think it will have to join my collection of little magical Armani pots.

I hear you. So much varies by skin tone and lighting. It’s nice to see in person but I don’t live near most of these counters so I have to trust my instincts, and of course swatches! :)

8. Delyteful Speaks says:

ahhh you’ve gotta be kidding me! I walked past a GA counter today!! I wish I’d read ur post earlier so I coulda swatched this gorgeous shade!

9. Janine says:

This is seriously one pretty product! I would love to see a MakeUp with it!!

10. I love rose gold, but I just searched through my collection to find ZERO rose gold items. Is there a better reason to make this my first ETK purchase? =P