It was several weeks ago that I happened upon a post over at the fabulous blog The Non-Blonde about Ellis Faas releasing several new shades of their creamy eyes formula. I was excited to see some very different shades than were previously offered in the line. I have two of those shades to share with you today.

But first, if you don’t know about Ellis Faas, all of the products for eyes, lips, face and cheeks come in click pen form in uber sleek silver bullets (probably not werewolf grade). If this kind of packaging is your bailiwick then feel free to let loose because the products held inside are absolutely gorgeous.

L-R: E119 Ochre, E116 Lilac

E119 is absolutely perfect on my skin tone. It looks slightly mustard-y here in the swatch but on my eyes it’s the perfect pale goldenrod. E116 suits my taste for greyed-purples. It’s light, but doesn’t look chalky or unnatural. They are called creamy eyes for a reason. Incredibly creamy, easy to blend (but work quickly) and highly pigmented, these shadows have the bases covered.

I decided to try both of them on my eyes (with a little blending help from some powder shades) as well:

E116 (lightly blended with MAC Moleskin)

E119 (blended with MAC Moleskin and Mystery in outer corner)

After trying both on I decided I needed to wear E119 as my FOTD (and actually for 2 more days after):

(That’s Burberry Golden Peach Lipstick along with a bit of NARS Greek Holiday gloss)

I am happy with both shades, but if you had to pick just one I’d say go with E119, especially for the summer. It pairs wonderfully with gold and bronze!

These pens retail for $36 at EllisFaas.com (you can also find Ellis products on Sephora.com and Beauty.com but they do not have the new shades yet). Next on my list? The mint shade(E117) and a light brown shade (E107). I also have my eye on another lights product. As you can see, I find these pens irresistible and addicting.

Have you tried Ellis Faas yet? If not, what product would you try first?

*the items in this post were provided by PR for review purposes only*

14 Responses to “Hello My Pretties: New Shades from Ellis Faas!”

1. Rai says:

Pretty colors! Btw: that coral lip combo looks amazing on you!

2. Kelly says:

these look so beautiful! were they not so expensive, I would definitely be checking out the lilac shade!

oh sooooooooo pretty!!! they have these in my Sephora store and i could not swatch one! they sell out QUICK and all the testers get used up too! they must be amazing, and when swatched the ochre looks a it intimidating, but u made it look amazing and it would be fun for summer!!
    great swatches and EOTD’s!

4. Ahh, Creamy Eyes. They never disappoint, and the new shades are beautiful. Love how you wore these in your EOTD, I was surprised at how E119 transformed from your hand swatch to your eyelid, it looks amazing on you! Will have to check these new ones out soon :)

5. Kate says:

I’ve just recently become enchanted with Ellis and now I’m going to have to grab both of these. I love that they’re such rich colours and still muted enough to wear just about anywhere.

6. Pretty! It’s strangely enough very difficult to find this brand in Belgium (considering it’s manufactured NEXT DOOR), but I’m going back to Taipei where there are some counters soon, so I’ll for sure swatch (and purchase *cough*) some stuff!

7. This is such a pretty, unique yellow shade! love it! I must definitely get my hands on something from Ellis Faas!

8. Alison M says:

I love the ochre shade. So unique but still wearable.

9. They are lovely. I recently tried my first round of Ellis Faas and I will be eagerly ordering more!

10. Anna says:

Lilac one is very pretty.

Ochre is SO incredible, and Lilac reminds me of my precious MAC Dovefeather. I’ve been so nuts for EF, especially since I discovered it so close to home. I may have to try these as well!

12. Toya says:

ACK!! OMG Danielle, these shades are insanely gorgeous! I have been looking for a gorgeous lilac shade and I think this might be it!! Though I also want the goldenrod shade too :P You’re right, it looks awesome with your skintone. I haven’t tried any Ellis Faas products, but the brand is on my list! I think I will have to indulge myself, and soon!!!

13. […] or sheen.  It’s still quite pretty on though, see it in action on the gorgeous Danielle here.  In the picture above, I’m wearing it as a base under some Shu Uemura […]