Will You Invite Illamasqua’s Naked Strangers Into Your Home?

I have a little preview for you all this evening of the two new blushes that recently launched with Illamasqua’s tongue-in-cheek Naked Strangers collection. I give them a lot of credit for being so, dare I say… ballsy.

Naked Rose and Zygomatic

Naked Rose is a powder blush and Zygomatic is it’s cream counterpart. I say that because these two colors naturally compliment each other so well. I have tried several Illamasqua blushes in the past (both cream and powder) and these feel the same in their formula as their “older” sisters do. I can’t speak to the wear time as I only just received them but if they are true to form the cream will last 6-8 hours while the powder will last around 7-8 hours.

Naked Rose is a beautiful nude-pink shade. The formula is velvety both in the pan and on skin.

Clockwise from left: Tarte Exposed, Illamasqua Naked Rose, NARS Douceur, MAC Pink Tea, MAC Pink Cult

As you can see, nude blushes with a pink undertone have been done before. However, Naked Rose does offer something a little different to the table.

Swatches L-R: MACPink Tea, Tarte Exposed, NARS Douceur, Illamasqua Naked Rose, MAC Pink Cult

Naked Rose is the most pink of the group and therefore the least brown. In terms of pigmentation it is similar to Pink Cult. Both have a similar payoff and texture.

Zygomatic is a cream blush that is a natural brown-pink shade.

Clockwise from left: MAC Pleasureful, Illamasqua Zygomatic, NARS Penny Lane, Inglot Cream Blush #90

In pan it looks most similar to Penny Lane but in actuality they are quite different.

Swatches L-R: Inglot #90, MAC Pleasureful, Illamasqua Zygomatic, NARS Penny Lane

Zygomatic is the lightest of the three and the formula is not sticky. Penny Lane is significantly more brown/peach while Pleasureful and #90 appear much darker and peachier as well. I did apply this to my cheeks this evening (I’m about NW30, maybe a bit darker atm) and loved how natural it looked on me. It showed up easily, which surprised me based on the lightness of the swatch.

Overall the blushes are divine in shade and texture. Keep in mind that while these are my initials thoughts that I have had plenty of experience with the blush range in the past, and every experience was a positive one. These retail for $24/each and can be found at Sephora.com.

Will be inviting the Naked Strangers blushes home with you? ;)

This entry was posted in Illamasqua and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Will You Invite Illamasqua’s Naked Strangers Into Your Home?

oh the cream one is gorgeous, it looks so natural! and perfect for summer!!! glad to see this collection finally become available on Sephora!

2. annick says:

Very nice! I’ve always been intrigued by Illamasqua products – the packaging is just stunning. Very good choice of color – I’d go for the same I think ;)

3. Tamara says:

I like it! Usually I go for bright colors, but these look amazing.

4. The cream blush is soooo pretty — what a perfect balance between pigment and colour. I don’t think it’d be as pretty if it were uberpigmented like the NYX cream blushes; this seems to be exactly the right amount of coverage for such a delicate pink.

5. Dovey says:

I picked up the same colors; seeing this really makes me want to poke a finger in mine, but I’m trying to be patient! I love how these are perfect peachy and pinky counterparts

6. Delyteful Speaks says:

Heck YA!!! These look gorgeous!! Been loving soft rosey nude blushes lately and these two are super gorgeous!

As always.. AMAAAZING swatches!! Thank you! xoxo

7. Tiffany says:

Ooo, I think I need Zygomatic now!!

8. These are so pretty! I really want them both now! I’ve never tried Illamsqua’s blushes, so I’m really curious. I think both shades are lovely and seem to not lean too nude or too pink so that they will flatter a variety of skin tones. I especially am craving Naked Rose!

9. *drools*

I want these!!! I just have to figure out a clever way of getting them. I do want a coral cream blush first though. Keep thinking it’s a great idea for summer!

10. Toya says:

I think Zygomatic might be too light for me, but Naked Rose is like nothing I own! I have so many bright shades of blush but very few soft neutrals. Must try – I love that it’s more pinky rather than greyed out or brownish. I’d love to see these on your Danielle, I bet they look great!

11. Taylor says:

I adore these shades. Both of them are pretty stunning, not like I need another blush, but definitely will be checking them out.
    x

12. I want both of them! I was thinking the other day that I wanted to expand my Illamasqua Blush collection.

13. I finally caved today and ordered Naked Rose. I love the formula of Illamasqua’s blushes (both cream and powder) and it looks like it will be a good, everyday, go-with-everything kind of shade. I don’t think I’ve got anything else like it in my collection.

14. Pingback: Illamasqua Cream Blusher ZygomaticDer blasse Schimmer