Tarte is Giving Us a Gift From the Lipstick Tree

Whenever I hear that Tarte is releasing a new shade of their amazing Amazonian Clay Blush formula my ears instantly perk up. This time, however, they are not just releasing a new shade of blush, but also a new LipSurgence and Maracuja Divine Shine Lipgloss in a brand new set.

This set of shades is named for an actual tree that comes from the tropical regions of North and South America, the Achiote.

Nicknamed “the Lipstick Tree” because Native Americans used the Achiote to make body and lip paint. Who knew? Tarte is bringing that ancient coloring agent to all of us in their natural line up and the truth is I couldn’t be happier about the pairing!

Achiote Amazonian Clay Blush

Achiote LipSurgence lip luster

Swatches L-R: Maracuja Divine Shine Gloss, LipSurgence Lip Luster, Amazonian Clay Blush

It’s a gorgeous reddened peach- a guava. All three are nicely pigmented and work well in conjunction with each other. I have reviewed all of these formulas before but in case you didn’t know, the clay blushes rank in my top echelon of blush formulas for their wear time and pigmentation and the LipSurgence Lip Lusters are a great balmy lip color. The gloss isn’t sticky but provides solid wear time and a nice shine.

I also thought I’d show what the Achiote blush looks like compared to other shades in the Amazonian Clay line:

Clockwise from left: Charisma, Achiote, Blissful

Swatches L-R Charisma, Achiote, Blissful

Charisma is more pink and contains shimmer while Blissful is matte and also more pink. Achiote has a more reddened tone than the other two.

Wearing Achiote Maracuja Divine Shine Liploss

Wearing Achiote Blush and LipSurgence

Wearing Achiote Blush, LipSurgence and Lipgloss

This set is a fun addition to anyone’s collection, particularly if you love Tarte’s all natural and cruelty-free approach. The color is universally flattering and can be worn more heavily or sheered out depending our your skin tone. The set retails for $42 and can be found at Sephora or on Tarte’s website.

*Items in this post were provided by PR for review purposes only*

This entry was posted in Tarte, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Tarte is Giving Us a Gift From the Lipstick Tree

1. Aww thank you lipstick tree, for such a cute set! Despite the fact that Tarte blushes don’t last 12 hours on me, I still love the texture and colors to bits. I haven’t tried their lip products yet, but you look so gorgeous I feel that I NEED some!

2. Ooh I’m feeling that this may be my 5th LipSurgence…

3. Kelly says:

these are so pretty! I’ve just tried the amazonian clay blushes, and I’m eager to get more!

4. Annick says:

Beautiful!! I’m glad you included a picture of the Achiote tree because I had no sweet clue what it looked like! It’s kind of pretty isn’t it?

5. Alison M says:

I’ve had my eye on this set. So so gorgeous!!

6. So gorgeous! Can you believe I *still* haven’t gotten any Amazonian Clay Blushes from Tarte? You’ll need to give me your shade recommendations! :p

7. Taylor says:

I have been drooling over this set. I looove Tarte, and the Amazonian clay blush is incredible, just got it in Tipsy. The colors look beautiful on you.

8. So pretty! I keep looking at this set, but haven’t splurged yet. Thanks for the swatches!

9. Dovey says:

This is such a gorgeous set! I love the colors in the lipsurgence and the blush :)

10. The multicolored sparkle in the lipgloss is so so pretty. Christmas in July! Err, …in June!

11. Want them allllllllllll!

12. Gorgeous! Despite hearing oodles of good things about Tarte, I have yet to try any of their products :o I think I would start with Achoite LipSurgence…such a pretty color and the formula sounds divine

13. Tarte is marked up so ridiculously here in Canada that I just don’t even look at them. Love these colours though! LOVE!

14. Delyteful Speaks says:

I’m sooo in love with the tarte blushes u sent! And now you’re makin me want the lip surgence.. giiirl we need a swap sooon

15. Tiffany says:

The color is gorgeous and as soon as you described it as guava, I was sold! I need that blush! I wish it was sold separately though :(

16. Toya says:

I can’t wear any of these products because they contain lanolin (well, I know for sure the blush does, and some of the lip products do), which makes me so sad :( This shade looks lovely, a guava – ah that just SOUNDS Summery and pretty! They all go really well with your skintone too Danielle!