I’m pretty sure I’m quoting a Disney movie here, but I remember someone saying that a late blossom is always the prettiest. Case in point, the Ellis Faas Spring Set. It arrived on the scene later than other spring collections but it’s one of the prettiest I’ve seen.

You had me at hello. If you have never seen them before, Ellis Faas incorporates the click pen concept to most of their makeup products (eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, concealer) and they are housed in sleek silver-bullet looking tubes. You are either a fan of the delivery system or you’re not. At first I was undecided but after trying Ellis Faas last year I was able to embrace the packaging for the product that lies within.

Like a bullet through a flock of doves.  The Spring Set features three permanent colors for eyes and lips: Creamy Eyes E106, Milky Lips L207, Lights E304. I was most excited about the Lights product because I have actually had 2 other shades on my wishlist for some time.

And at last I see the light. Swatches L-R: E304, E106, L207

E304 is a stunning, light-catching metallic purple. A word of caution with the Lights products- you have very little time to blend. I found that out the hard way! E106 surprised me in such a good way. I was expecting more of a purple but what I got was a lovely taupe-leaning brown. Gorgeous! L207 pulls the look together with a natural peach/brown hue that feels lovely on the lips.

Another picture of the lights- even without any flash/direct light see how light-reflecting it is? Love! I enjoyed the lights so much that I ordered another shade- E305 (to be featured soon).

The Spring Set can be purchased on the Ellis Faas website now. It retails for $85 (it’s almost like getting one of the pens for free)!

By the way, the blush I’m wearing in these photos is NARS madly. :)

*the items in this post were provided by PR for review purposes only*

9 Responses to “Late Blooms: Ellis Faas Spring Set Proves Later is Better”

Mulan!!! You’re quoting Mulan!!!

I feel sad now, haha. My geekery is exposed once again. ._. Also: your beachy waves? AMAZE.

Even more beautiful than the set itself is what you’ve done with this! I absolutely adore how you’ve applied the products!!

3. Paris B says:

I love that lilac shade, Danielle! I have a couple of these but the pen packaging really puts me off :( Still, you’ve reminded me of them now so I really should go and dig mine out again :D

4. I’m quite surprised at how Lights E304 looks on your lids because the swatch wasn’t impressing me at all. I mean, the colour itself is gorgeous, but I wasn’t expecting it to blend as nicely as it does on your eyes! <3

5. Okk, you have officially convinced me to get off my lazy butt and use the products together at the same time already LOL. Looks absolutely gorgeous on you! And I love how your hair is doing a sort of beachy summery thing and you look so spring-chic.

That purple shadow is ridiculously gorgeous with your eye color!

7. Eugenia says:

Oh.My.God….I absolutely love that taupey-purple shade! It looks so good on you as well and I love the lip colour you pared it with….gorgeous collection of colours! I’ve never tried anything from the brand, but you make me want to seriously check them out!

8. I decided to ignore Ellis Faas a long time ago but you are making everything look VERY enticing! Killer swatches and why you so pretty?!?! <3

9. Kimberley says:

These are SO pretty. I love E304! They look amazing on you!