Really, I am just going to cut right to the chase. Burberry is releasing something limited edition for a change (very unlike the brand as most everything they put out is introduced into their permanent range)…oh wow, look at me, rhyming and everything. *sigh*

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some quick pictures and swatches as it is hitting Burberry counters as we speak and (thanks to Xiao at Messy Wands for the heads up) it’s also available now on Nordstrom’s website.

It’s called Sheer Summer Glow and WOW is she gorgeous. Burberry usually packages their hefty metal cases into black velvet pouches all stitched with the signature Burberry print- but they threw in a surprise and made this one a sandy-beige. Very seasonally appropriate and a classy touch.

Feel free to pause here and stare. Really, I will wait. .  .  .  .  .   .    .      .      .

Ok (seriously, if you want to scroll up and stare again, I won’t judge) does this need any more explanation? If you have never tried Burberry it’s a good time to start. This powder is just as soft as the rest of the powders I have tried from their line. It’s weighty at 10g of product and it retails for $50- which I know is not cheap. But consider that the new Dior Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder is the same weight, but $5 more.

This powder also is shot through with a lovely sheen (not glitter or heavy shimmer), hence the whole “Glow” in the title. The four colors blend together nicely to create a beautiful and healthy summer glow.

The four shades (without flash)- I had a tough time picking up all the shades. In real life I can see that they are there but just now that the light two counteract the darker two in a highlight/contour kind of way. What I love is that Burberry made each shade big enough to be used on it’s own which rarely (if ever) happens. A+

L-R: Dior Aurora vs Burberry Summer Glow (Natural Light)

L-R: Dior Aurora vs Burberry Summer Glow (flash)

You can see the more pronounced glow coming from the Burberry product. You can also see that it’s more of a bronzer than Dior Aurora is. Aurora on me is really a blush. Summer Glow lives up to it’s name and gives the effect of a day in the sun without the skin cancer, wrinkles or regret.

I dusted this on my cheeks and temples just as soon as I was done swatching and I am enjoying the effect. I promise you will see this in a FOTD post very shortly, or, maybe even a video! ;)

37 Responses to “Sneak Peek! Burberry Sheer Summer Glow”

1. xiao says:

I severely regret not calling your SA. It looks PERFECT!

2. EEEEP!! I am so excited and so happy you told me about this!!! It’s full on gorgeous!! Thanks so much Bloomz for your help! I <3 you lots and lots.

You are SO welcome TRAKEE! Can’t wait for you to get your package. I know the other packages I sent out that day have already received theirs- but they were in the U.S. yours shouldn’t be long now!

Oh WOW that’s pretty. I still haven’t broken down and purchased any Burberry, but you’re wearing me down!

YES! Success- lol. :) Burberry makes fabulous products- when you do break down you won’t be disappointed!

4. Kristi says:

It was tough to scroll down & leave a comment – just.could.not.look.away!!! That is ‘beyond words’ gorgeous!

5. Dovey says:

Oh gosh, this is gorgeous. I’m catching Burberry fever after seeing all these beauties on your blog. I definitely see how this one is more glowy than aurora!

It’s easy to catch the fever- but it’s not easy to get rid of. I’ve had it for almost a year! ;)

OMG staring i DID scroll up to look at it again, thank you for waiting!!! I bought Aurora last year due to insane hype but it’s quite orange this, this is a TAN! EEEEEK!!! it’s a LOVE!

7. Eugenia says:

Oh Danielle….I’m melting here! This is to die for and seeing as how I don’t have anything from Burberry Beauty YET, this baby should definitely be my first, wouldn’t you agree?! Love it and love the colour; I wanted Dior’s Aurora to work on me so badly, but it gave me corpse skin; I guess I’m not pale enough for it, but this looks just right! Thanks my friend and looking forward to that video! ;)

Yes!!! Burberry is my favorite high end brand- though Giorgio Armani comes super close with their Eyes to Kill shadows!

8. urghhh trust Burberry to make me lust after a bronzer, which I almost NEVER do (the last one I wanted this badly was Aurora, and after seeing your swatch I actually think that would be too warm for me). But the Burberry, SO gorgeous! Looking forward to the FOTD :)

:) I know anything Burberry and I just…! I’m wearing it in my latest video- but probably hard to tell. I have some FOTD pics I will be posting today or tomorrow.

9. Ahhh pretty! I was debating between this and the guerlain Pucci Bronzer… For some reason this barely showed up on me at the counter when I tried it last week! I will try again though… Can’t wait to see how it looks on you!

It’s not super pigmented- but it does show up on me. Give it a try on your face- that’s the best way to judge it. :)

10. Uber-swoon. And nicely written up, I had to chuckle at the “really, I will wait…”. Video– oooh, are you going to start youtubing? I am so intrigued!

11. Alison M says:

Lovely and so versatile. I can admit it…I scrolled back up ;)

Took my breath away. *sigh*

So pretty! So pretty!

14. Summer says:

This looks gorgeous x

15. Toya says:

Suuuuper pretty Danielle!! This is going to sound ridiculous, but sometimes I wish I were paler so that these gorgeous bronzers would actually do SOMETHING on my skin! Gosh darn but they are something to behold!! The fact is though, that to buy almost any of these pretties (ie. Chanel’s new bronzers, Dior’s new Nude bronzers) are all too pale for me :’( But I can live vicariously through you!! Looking forward to a FOTD!

Aww, I hear you Toya! I really *really* wish that brands like Dior and Chanel would pay more attention to those with a darker skin tone. They already have the concept- how hard would it be to make it just a bit darker? Sigh, but yes, you can live through me dear!

16. Taylor says:

It’s super pretty and super pricey!

I know, Burberry is definitely a splurge item- but in term of smoothness and softness they are one of the best!

17. Like Makeup Morsels, I REALLY wanted Dior’s Aurora–but it looks so orange compared to the Summer Glow! Kinda glad I missed out on that one now…I also thought I wanted Healthy Glow and was all set to purchase it tomorrow–but yeah, that’s not happening anymore. DEF getting the Summer Glow. Stunning!

18. I NEED this SO BADLY! Why oh why is there no way to order Burberry to Canada online? *sigh*

Ugh, what a bummer! I know- I had to custom purchase it for another beauty blogger in Canada because she doesn’t live near anywhere that sells it and can’t order online. If you need help getting a hold of it let me know. :)