I’m not the kind of person who pays *super* close attention to runway shows. I usually check out some slideshows from a few of the designers, look at makeup breakdowns and call it a day. I did, however, pay closer attention after Zoya announced on Twitter that they had created some custom colors that would be available to purchase during NYFW after the shows. One such show was Bibhu Mohapatra whose designs actually blew me away:

(these two are my favorites)

After seeing the photos above and looking at the box of nail colors they created I knew it was meant for me, so I plunged and ordered it.

The Color Box:

(I LOVE how this came packaged. So chic!)

What Zoya says:

The look and Inspiration:

The models all wore Rekha (the red) on their left hands and either Parveen (the nude) or Zeenat (the pewter) on their right hands.

We wanted to know why Bibhu wanted the models to wear different colors on each hand, so he told us the story for this assortments inspiration.  He told us that the red was an homage to his mother. When Bibhu was growing up, he remembered his late mother always wearing the most beautiful color of red nail polish on her nails. Because it was customary to eat with your right hand in India, she only wore the red on her left hand. So he always remembered her left had being painted  That was the look that Bibhu was trying to recreate as the models were coming down the runway. All the models wore Rekha on their toes.

Zoya Rekha:  A full coverage, rich, classic red cream.  Described by everyone as the show as the  “most beautiful red they have ever seen.”

Zoya Parveen: A nude with a liquid crystal effect and two-coat full coverage

Zoya Zeenat: A soft pewter with a liquid glass finish and two-coat full coverage

And of course, on the nails:

Zoya Parveen : Not quite camel toned, but definitely a more tan/brown leaning nude. I love the glass flecked look this gives! It is chic without being washed out. 2 coats on this one was just right.

Zoya Zeenat (sunshine)

Zoya Zeenat (shade): I had to include two photos because this shade is just too gorgeous to capture in one. It’s the perfect pewter/silver. Not too metallic or flashy and in the shade has a unique blue-ish dimension. Again, the glass flecked look is perfection. This is my favorite shade of the three, and quite possible one of my most favorite Zoya polishes ever. 2 coats

Zoya Rekah: I have to agree with what the people backstage at NYFW said, it’s one the most, if not the most beautiful red creme to ever grace my fingernails. The formula and application is flawless. This was two coats.

Zoya’s polishes last well on me, for the most part. Their Anchor & Armor base/top coats have totally changed my world in terms of how long a polish will last on my nails; I’m never looking back!

Sadly this box was limited edition and I think it sold out it 1 or 2 days. I wish I had gotten it sooner so I could have shared it with you while it was still available. I hope they will re-release this shades…maybe in their fall line up? Who knows, but if you can get your hands on this somehow I’m certain you won’t be disappointed.

22 Responses to “Nails of NYFW: Zoya for Bibhu Mohapatra”

1. Meredith says:

What a fantastic post! Your photos are beautiful! I want to run out and buy this right now!

2. Parveen is amazing!!! I likey!! You lucky gal!

I know, it’s such a gorgeous color! I am really hoping they will be releasing these shades in the fall!

3. Rekah reminds me a little of a less-orange Chanel Coromandel! And I simply adore that black and white ballgown.

Ahh, me too! It’s STUNNING! I want to own it but could probably not afford it nor would I have a reason fancy enough to wear it! lol

I’m trying to figure out which one I like best. The pewter!

No, the camel!

No, the red!

All of them. The red really turns your skin tone into perfect hand-model fingers though. Like, wow. :)

5. Dovey says:

What a really beautiful collection — I love all of them, but Rekah really steals my heart here. I really like what Zoya has done with packaging fashion week nail polish sets :)

that pewter! how i wish it wasnt LE…i love the story behind the shades! makes me want the red even though it is just another red i dont need.

Oh I know! It makes the red so endearing! I hope they bring all the shades back…maybe in their fall collection since this was a fall fashion show?

7. Alison M says:

What beautiful colors! I love the dress on the bottom right. So much that I want to own it! For what purpose? I have no idea. But it’s gorgeous :)

Same here. Maybe just to walk around the house and feel fancy in. Or, in case we ever get invited to a red carpet event?!?! ;)

8. Liz says:

OMG, that last dress. Love!

I love your nail posts. Every colour looks so great on you!

9. It’s beautiful, and I love the story behind the colors! Plus the designs, especially that last dress, absolutely gorgeous.

I think my favorite out of the three is Zeenat, IF I had to pick. I’m a sucker for red cremes. But the other two are lovely as well.

Ugh, I know…I SO wish I could afford one of his designs. It just wouldn’t be very practical, would it? lol.

10. Jen W says:

They are all perfection. I really want to get my hands on the caramel/brown/nude one.

Interesting backstory!

11. Sophie says:

Love all these colors! And I also find that Zoya is the best polish I’ve ever used, the formula, consistency and long, long wear time can’t be beat!