It was announced a few weeks ago that Pantone (the supreme color authority) chose it’s color of the year as Tangerine Tango. I couldn’t be happier about that choice because in spring and summer tangerine and orange colors are an absolute favorite of mine.

Whether pigmented or sheer, leaning red or blazing orange, all tangerine shades hold a special place in my heart. It’s like a saucy señorita; confident and bold, fun and energetic. It’s a shade that I feel sexy wearing, even more so than when I wear a pure red lipstick. Orange just feels lively and liberating.

Swatches L-R (Daylight): MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush, NARS Turks & Caicos Multiple Tint, Annabelle Volume Lip gloss So Sanguine, MAC Caqui lipglass, TopShop Infared lipstick, MAC Neon Orange lipstick, MAC Entertain Me lip pencil, MAC Purring Tendertone

Swatches L-R (flash): MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush, NARS Turks & Caicos Multiple Tint, Annabelle Volume Lip gloss So Sanguine, MAC Caqui lipglass, TopShop Infared lipstick, MAC Neon Orange lipstick, MAC Entertain Me lip pencil, MAC Purring Tendertone

Optimistic Orange is currently being repromoted by MAC in their Shop/Cook collections so if you fancy this shade, head over to their website and snatch it up before it’s gone. Turks & Caicos has a lovely texture, but it’s also quite sheer. The Annabelle gloss is amazing (this is a Canadian brand, and the lovely Arianne of Glitter Geek sent me this in a swap last summer). Arianne also sent me that amazingly vivid MAC Neon Orange lipstick. Caqui lipglass is another stunner and pairs nicely with Entertain Me lip pencil. Purring doesn’t really have much pigmentation, but it’s a lovely balm to use over any of the lip products here. TopShop Infared is stunning and the packaging is one of my favorites (Thanks again to my dear friend J of Lil Lady’s Life for this one).

Swatches L-R: Sleek Aruba, MAC Devil, NARS Taj Mahal, NYX Cinnamon

An orange blush for every budget! NYX Cinnamon is the lightest and also the most affordable (around $5) and Sleek Aruba is like a pure traffic cone orange (I believe this may have been limited edition). MAC Devil (PRO shade) is a red-orange and Taj Mahal has hint of red but also has an amazing golden sheen to it.

Swatches L-R: OPI Red Lights Ahead…Where?, Essie Vermillionaire, Zoya Sienna, Essie One of a Kind

OPI Red Lights Ahead…Where? is new for spring in their just-released Holland collection and it’s a perfect reddish-orange. Essie’s One of a Kind is a bit more orange/coral than Red Lights Ahead, but Vermillionaire is the most orange of the two. Zoya’s Sienna is the NARS Taj Mahal equivalent for nails (if it were just a bit more red).

What are your recommendations for tangerine-hued products? Anything I missed that’s a must have for you?

46 Responses to “A Little Tango With Tangerine”

1. Victoria says:

Beautiful colours! I really want a coral shade lipstick for summer, I already have loads of coral nailpolishes, definitely a favourite colour to wear!

2. Laisa says:

What beautiful colors. Forget pink! I think orange and coral has become my two favorite colors… lol!

3. Victoria says:

LOVE THIS!! These color posts are amaaazing. I love tangerine colors in makeup too. I just don’t think I really own anything in that color range…. whoops! Closest thing to orange I have is MAC Vegas Volt. This is a problem that needs to be corrected!

4. Candace says:

I love this post! Tangerine/orange/any other variation on the colour is one of my favourites as well :) as for similarly-hued products, I’d point out Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Temper (but it’s probably very similar to the Annabelle), Topshop Lipstick in Ooh La La, and Sula Beauty Lipstick in Awake Til Sunrise. The Models Own Lip/Cheek/Face Paint in Neon Orange is another worthy orange, but it’s a bit too yellow-based and therefore garish on my cool skin. I imagine it would look much better on you!

Ooh, I’ve got to dig out NYX Cinnamon and MAC Caqui from the ol’ archive! I love orange <3

6. Marieke says:

Sally Hansen nailpolish in Crushed is one you should have! ;)
    Personally, I think I should own more of these colors… Lipstick especially <3

7. Pretty, pretty post! I love tangerine/orange/color, it’s just so bright and cheerful :)

I think I am going to do a post like this, too – and Tracy did a whole orange series a while ago, I think. I love orange in my makeup :D I can’t think of what else I have now off the top of my head.

9. Amanda says:

I love oranges!!! I really love mac morange but it’s so bright I get a little shy wearing it out! Mac Vegas Volt is a favorite of mine too!

It’s definitely a bold shade, but I really love wearing it! :) Yay for Vegas Volt, it;s still one of my favorites from MAC!

10. I really love orange and I have a good orange collection ^^
    I really like that zoya nail polish!!! unfortunally it’s not easy to find where I live!!

11. Jacquelyn says:

WOW!!! Tangerine colors are gorgeous!! I have Neon Orange lipstick, Entertain Me lip liner and Devil blush and will have to bring them out soon!

12. annie says:

I’ve always wanted to try Nars’ Turks & Caicos but I get to go to Sephora maybe once a year and they never have it. Shame because it’s so beautiful. Maybe MAC’s Optimistic Orange will do the trick for now though ;)

I picked mine up from Beauty.com, it’s possible they still have it! :) Optimistic Orange is a great one too, either are beautiful.

So lovely, Danielle! I’m already feeling warmer.

14. Celia says:

Lovely post! I love make-up shades with orange/tangerine tones! The MAC cremeblend blush is calling to me ahh

15. I love tangerine in the summer! Deborah Lippmann has a killer orange called Lara’s Theme that also fits nicely in this set. I’m so mad that I didn’t get the NARS Multiple trio when I had the chance. Stupid, stupid reductionista habits.

Ahh, there was a trio?! I missed out on that too apparently! Ooh, I have seen that shade, I may have to indulge this spring because her polishes are amazing!

what a gorgeous set of products! i am really loving the orange trend. i am fascinated by the orange lip but a little terrified in trying it out.

Yay!! Tangerine!!! =D I’ve been lemming that NARS Multiple Tint for freaking ever. I think I finally need to pull the trigger and buy it this summer when my skin falls back into warm toned territory. =D

Ahh yes! It’s a great cheek color. It’s more subtle than the others but it’s nice for everyday and great as a base too! :)

18. Oh how I love orange…. love, love, LOVE orange. I wear Korres’ lip butter in Mango a lot– such an easy way to wear orange on an everyday basis. It’s super soft with a pinkish undertones.

19. Betty says:

OMG Love this!
    I need Optimistic Orange, Taj Majal and Neon Orange… I want them all lol

Thanks for this amazing post Danielle! :)

20. This post is making me ridiculously happy hahaha. Hmm you know, I think you got them all! Don’t have anything to add to this list :) Maybe Revlon Tutti Frutti, but that’s not as unabashedly tangerine as most of the things in this post.

21. Emily Wu says:

I LOVE this post!! Revlon makes a nice lipstick (it’s called Coral, but to me it comes out as more of a Tangerine color) :)

22. Laura says:

I love all the lipsticks I wish I was brave enough to pull them off xx

23. guilt lust says:

Wow. I am in love with everything in this post. I love oranges and corals!!!

24. [...]  Photo Credit: Bloomin Beauty Blog [...]