Tarte has released several exciting new products and shades for spring this year and I have been really antsy to try these beauties out…

That eye candy! Although I am not the biggest fan of click pen type packaging, the cute and spring-like designs on these make that detail easy to overlook. Plus, I have actually found that it’s quite handy for on-the-go application because it can be done with a single hand (unlike twist up glosses or ones with a removable wand).

They are infused with maracuja oil and retail for $21 for .12oz of product. They are formulated without:

I counted and it takes about 51-55 clicks to get the gloss to come out initially (I know, slightly annoying). But once the gloss has been, well initiated, it’s all easy street from then on. 1-2 clicks dispenses enough gloss to cover my lips. If you prefer a thicker coverage you may need another click or two. I would err on the side of caution though, because it’s easy to get too much out of application methods like these and make a mess out of the cap.

L-R: Tipsy, Flush, Amused, Charmed

I will be reviewing 4 of the shades in this post, but you can also see me wearing Natural Beauty in this post. You might be seeing another shade or two come up in a giveaway and look for other shades coming soon in FOTDs. :)

Swatches L-R: Tipsy, Flush, Amused, Charmed

I find the glosses to be neither sticky nor slippery. It also has a slight minty scent and a hint of a tingle on the lips. I dislike most “lip plumping” products because I find the tingle to be more of a burn and irritation. That’s not the same feeling I get with these. It’s a slight cooling sensation and I quite like it. They are quite shiny and last about 3-4 hours on me (if you add eating and drinking it would probably reduce to 2 hours). There is a nice color selection in shades that are creamy or shimmery. If you are looking for really high pigmentation you probably should look elsewhere as that’s not what you get here.

Tipsy (my personal favorite next to Natural Beauty)

Flush

Amused

Charmed

I really enjoy the feeling of these glosses (and this is coming from a person who has really been more into lipstick the last several months). I like that as they wear off my lips feel moisturized (must be the maracuja oil) and soft. It’s not like some glosses that I put on and feel like my lips need chapstick or balm underneath.

The packaging alone won me over, but the formula within doesn’t disappoint. If you are looking for something pretty to carry in your bag this spring, I suggest heading over to Sephora and giving these a look ;)

*the products in this post were provided by PR for consideration and review only*

38 Responses to “Cutest Lipgloss Packaging Ever? Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine isTops!”

oh SO PRETTY!!! natural beauty def looks like a winner! and the packaging eeeee def something to take notice! great swatches as always!

2. I heard these feel quite thick, how do they compare to MAC lipglasses?

I’m a bit hesitant because lipgloss and I have not been friends for a few months (coz of my stupid dry lips >.<), but the packaging and colours are SO pretty! <3

I know how you feel. I haven’t been much a gloss gal the last several months-year. I dislike MAC lipglass for the most part because I find it too sticky. When I put my lips together or rub them together with this gloss it doesn’t feel sticky to me at all. A bit thicker as they aren’t a slippery type of gloss but they feel nice on my lips. Maybe try one out in person if you can first (I know they are at Sephora already) and see how you feel. :) Let me know if you end up liking them!

3. Teresa says:

All of these shades look so pretty~ and that packaging is so adorable!!

4. Maria says:

They look so beautiful! By the way, is it called “Amused” or “Adored”? I ask because the name you gave it on your lip swatch is different to the other swatch! :)

Ooooh, that flowery packaging is just too hard to resist! <3

Sorry about that Maria! It’s supposed to be Amused all the way and I corrected that now. ;) My mind was too focused on the pretty flowers ;)

5. Brooke says:

ohhh I love these, so vintage pretty!!!

I honestly might pick up a few of these just because they’re so darn adorable! xD Thanks for the swatches, doll!

7. Victoria says:

I love the floral design! I don’t like the clickpen brush type lipglosses though :/

Oh, Victoria, I know how you feel. I am kind of iffy on that too. I don’t know what I dislike more twist up or click up. Either way I do find this more handy for on the go application than a wand that pulls out of the tube, even though I prefer those most of the time.

8. donnadell says:

OMG i love tarte glosses and im also a sucker for cute packaging lol. im totally buying this.

9. diane says:

SO SO SO pretty. I’m inlove.The packaging is to die for and they all look super pretty on you. Brilliant lip swatches yet again. :)

10. Amanda says:

wow these look fantastic!! really want to try tipsy!

11. stephanie says:

omg they are cute! but i dont like brushes like this…i find it fiddly when im on the go

:) Really? I actually prefer it to a wand because (and this is bad) when I put gloss on while driving it’s hard to negotiate putting the wand back in the tube when I’m staring at the road…! ;)

12. So pretty!!! I’m not much of a gloss girl, but I think I might actually try one of these.

I haven’t been much of a gloss girl the last year or so, but these and other glosses from tarte and Mally are real staples for me. :)

13. isabella says:

your lip swatches always create new lemmings for me! xDD

14. Tiffany says:

I saw these at Sephora last week and thought the packaging was super cute too!

Oh oh oh Tipsy just looks incredible on! I love your lip swatches. :)

16. Alison M says:

Major score that they are hydrating – nothing worse than a gloss that dries you out! Flush is sooo pretty; such a spring-y berry :)

17. Marcey says:

I don’t know how these compare to the Maracuja Oil glosses that were a one time offer on QVC but if they’re anything like them, run to the store. I can wear mine to bed at night for moisture just as easily as wearing them throughout the day. And the colors are gorgeous!

Wow! They definitely sound similar Marcey! These feel great and moisturizing on, I hope it’s the same formula you are talking about!

18. omg Tipsy is beautiful! Like you, I’ve found myself getting much more into lipsticks lately, but these remind me of why I used to love gloss so much. Like the cute packaging too :)

19. Both the packages and the swatches are very pretty! Haven’t seen them at our stores yet to play with, though. Tarte’s pumping out new products like crazy lately!