Late to the Party: Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless

Although this collection has been around for several months now, I have finally jumped on the bandwagon and picked up two things from Illamasqua’s fall release. What really prompted me to start lemming one of these was a post by the beautiful and talented Silhouette Screams back in September, here. Then, after hemming and hawing for awhile I came upon another post from Sabrina of A Little Obsessed here that totally sealed the deal for me. So what did I pick up?

Belladonna Intense Lipgloss (that name!! swoon!) it totally reminded me of that Sandra Bullock movie Practical Magic, which is basically one of those movies my mom and I share as a movie we really only watch together. So, of course, I had to get it!

These glosses are called intense for a reason. They are highly, highly pigmented. For how pigmented they are I am impressed by how easily I can swipe this on and not mess up. Most pigmented glosses and lipsticks I have to be careful with, but this one applies with ease. It is also not sticky, a trait I no longer tolerate that well in my glosses, but nor is it entirely slippery. It is the perfect balance between the two. It is one of the longer wearing ones I own and will stick around for a good 4 hours.

Wearing Illamasqua Belladonna on lips.

Oh, and I had to include this clip!!

Then of course I had to check out one of the new shimmer blushes…

Ambition blush is exactly what I wanted. Although the shimmer looks a bit scary in the pan it doesn’t translate that way on the cheeks. Absolutely work friendly- I have worn it to meetings and to the office several times. It stays put all day as all of the Illamasqua powder blushes I have tried do. It’s easy to blend but a light hand is required or you will over-do it. This gives such a nice rosy, natural flush to my cheeks; it’s like I stepped outside in the cold for just a second.

L-R: NARS Taos, Illamasqua Ambition, Tarte Amazonian Clay in Passion, Milani Red Vino

(just a side note, that tarte blush came in a limited edition set from QVC, it is not available for individual sale as of right now)

I had to do some swatch comparisons of course! Taos is far too red and Red Vino is darker with more pronounced golden shimmer and it is also more sheer. Passion is fairly close but leans more pink/berry than the more neutral toned Ambition.

Wearing Illamasqua Ambition on Cheeks

Overall I highly recommend both of these items. I haven’t encountered an Illamasqua product that has disappointed me yet. Have you tried the brand? What are your recommendations?

This entry was posted in Illamasqua and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Late to the Party: Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless

WOW that lipgloss looks amazing on u! i tried it in the store but it looks FAR better on u dear! rock those magic shades! the blush is pretty!

2. Aseya says:

That lipgloss is soo pretty! And do you mind me asking what kind of camera/settings you use for your fotds? They always look so good!

Thank you Aseya! Sure, I use a Nikon D3100 and depending on what time of day it is or the lighting conditions is really what determines the settings I use. There are auto-settings on it and I usually go for the portrait or color focus options. For up close pictures of lips and eyes I use a macro-lens. :) I don’t monkey a lot with the internal settings because frankly I am not that much of a camera whiz…yet! ;) Hope this helps!

I only have the Libido cream blush (honestly, these names, they make conversation awkward and spam inevitable. I get that you’re “edgy,” but really, brands?) and I really like it. This is the other thing that caught my eye, but I didn’t pick it up. It looks gorgeous on you! So opaque and lovely :)

Larie I am SO with you *gives side eye to NARS* the “edgy” names are blech to me. Come up with something cute like OPI, will ya? But alas, I <3 Illamasqua anyway. Thanks dear!

4. LL says:

I have Morale (the purple-pink shimmer blush from this collection), which is lovely, but I’m now tempted to go back and check out both of these products – especially loving the lipgloss, stunning on you! x

Thank you so much! :) This is the second comment I received about Morale so I’m thinking I need to look into that shade as well!

5. POW! That is some powerful lip gloss. :D

I adore Illamasqua but can’t fathom why it’s not in Canada yet. You hear me, Illamasqua??? Come and take all my money!

Oh noooooo! Que terible!!! They really need to get over there, don’t they know about all these Canadian Beauties waiting in line with their makeup cash?!?!

OH MY GOODNESS Belladonna looks absolutely stunning on you! I may have to check out Ambition now, I just received Morale and I’m completely obsessed.

7. Victoria says:

I lovee the look of that blush! I might need to check it out next time there’s a sale (or not lol).

LOL, Victoria! I totally know what you mean! Sometimes you just have to get something, whether it’s on sale or not! Ambition is worth it!

8. LOVE!! I will need to get this once the Blush Ban is over.
    That lipgloss is AMAZE.

9. Alice says:

That lipgloss is beautiful! I haven’t been wowed by Illamasqua so far but might have to check the lipgloss out. x

Thanks Alice! Definitely their intense lipglosses are a great place to start and you won’t be disappointed, but I’d by lying if I didn’t say their blushes were my favorite part of their line <3

10. Amanda says:

ooh gorgeous. i think i need ambition lol!!

Ambition is such a lovely shade, Amanda. One of the more natural ones that Illamasqua offers for sure. Do you have a favorite of theirs? :)

11. Teresa says:

I have to go check out that “Ambition” blush now :)) — ps, I have been loving reading your blog!

12. isabella says:

all the swatches i’ve seen of illamasqua lipglosses look amazing and this one is definitely not an exception! i’m not a huge fan of shimmer blushes so i will pass on this one but it looks super natural and great on you! i love all my illamasqua blushes that i own (which is not that many) but definitely wanna pick up some others xD

13. Ashley says:

Urghflkjdfad I was going to get Ambition but the shimmers scared me away. Now I want it again along with all the other Illamasqua blushes LOL!

Shimmers barely show up on the skin! Just give a nice glow, definitely check it out. Illamasqua makes SUCH a great blush!

14. Such a gorgeous pink lipgloss! They’re Intense Lipglosses are insanely pigmented, I have one in Temper, which is a beautiful red. I don’t wear blush, but Ambition still looks tempting. By the way, what are you wearing on your lips in the Ambition picture? It’s pretty :D

Totally agree! Mistress is an amazing coral/slightly orange shade and I also have Follow, which is a pink/red/coral mixture. I may need to look into Temper now!
      I’m wearing NARS Oasis lipgloss :)

15. Yay I’m so glad you like Belladonna! And it looks SO good on you <3