It’s no secret that I have a love of blush. There is something so absolutely fun and feminine about the flush on cheeks that I can’t help but want more and more AND MORE. And just when I think I have tried every shade, something new comes a long with a slightly different twist that sends me into a frenzy. And although the Burberry blush line is not new, most of the shades are new to me, which is essentially the same thing, right?

Burberry Blushes! L-R: Russet, Rose, Blossom

Burberry blushes were first introduced to me by my dear and amazing friend DelytefulSpeaks. Russet was the shade she sent me, and it truly is an amazing blush. The texture, the finish and the shade are all perfection. It has a slight scent to it, though I cannot put my finger on what exactly it is. Nevertheless, Russet was my gateway drug into the Burberry world and there is no looking back from there.

Burberry Russet

Russet is hard to describe. It’s a mix of peach and brown and it’s quite pigmented when you put it on. This is SUCH a great match on my skintone.

Burberry Blossom

Blossom is also nicely pigmented. It’s a coral-pink and it is STUNNING.

Burberry Rose

Rose is a nice pink, not too light or too dark. It gives me a pinched cheek look that is so effortless and natural.

I was lucky enough to visit a Burberry counter a few weeks ago, and in my estimation these are the best three of the Burberry line up. There are only a few other shades (Misty-incredibly light, did not show up on me, very pale gals might enjoy; Earthy- very brown, nude blush, not good on my skin tone; Peony- very light pink; Cameo- dusty brownish rose; Tangerine- Like a lighter version of Russet, slightly brown peach, the next on my “to-get” list). As you can see, there are only 8 colors in the line, but I am certain there is a color for every skin tone. These blushes are sheer, but buildable. This past spring and summer I was all about the most pigmented blushes, the more pigmented the better. I have now come to really appreciate the more refined, softer approach to these powders…not just for the ethereal glow they put off, but for the ease of use. In the morning when I am getting ready, I don’t want to mess with a super pigmented blush because it takes more time. I embrace things that cut a few minutes out of my routine, like a soft ‘swipe and go’ blush.

Swatched L-R: Rose, Russet, Blossom

All three are amazing in terms of texture and how they feel on my skin. They have fairly good wear time at about 7-8 hours on me. I love the packaging, the design etched into the blush- the presentation makes Burberry absolutely my favorite in terms of high-end/designer lines.

I can understand the hesitation in purchasing these blushes. There aren’t that many counters available so you can’t see them in person. They also have a pretty hefty price tag at $42/each. But to me, it is totally worth it. You will be seeing FOTDs with these blushes soon (you can see me wearing Russet here).

Have you tried Burberry blushes? If not, what shade are you most looking forward to?

35 Responses to “Blushing with Burberry….”

1. Rai says:

Oooh these are really nice!

oh so gorgeous!!! i have only seen 2 counters and was unable to even visit them but your swatches are enough for me to know what I might get myself for Xmas!! Russet, Blossom, and Tangerine which I blv I saw on the Beauty Look Book are all likely to make the cut!!!

Great post hon!

3. Kelly says:

so pretty! Blossom looks gorgeous!

4. Erin says:

Oh my god, these are gorgeous!

5. I was never convinced by just looking at the colours in the pan because they seemed rather typical despite the Burberry imprint that’s quite appealing… but your swatches are moving me to the dark side! They look so soft and LOVELY!

6. Tiffany says:

I love Blossom! Totally my kind of color.

7. I have Russet and Cameo. Cameo is great too, it’s a great wear with anything blush for me. Some of my favourite blushed for sure!

Ooh, I think I liked Cameo as well! Seems like a nice everyday kind of shade. Must get! ;) Russet is my bff. Love it to pieces!

Wow, fantastic review Danielle! I think I need that Russet!

I, too, most of the time think that I want a lot of pigmentation from my blush, but you are totally right: sometimes you just don’t want to have to be careful of blush application on sleepy mornings. I think this is why I’ve been reaching for Tarte Exposed or NARS Douceur a lot lately.

*high five* Yep…I always thought.. pfft, that’s not pigmented, it’s not worth owning.WRONG. I still love my blushes like Taj Mahal, etc…but I can’t or don’t because I simply can’t be bothered before work on most days to carefully apply my blush. Exposed and Douceur ftw!

9. Sabrina says:

These look really nice…but that price doesn’t! :-)

Oh, tell me about it! Eep! But sometimes I trade wallet pain for luxury. This is definitely splurge-worthy if you feel like giving yourself a little present!

10. Courtney says:

These look great on you! Especially Russet.

11. Ashley says:

Must get a piggy bank and start saving my pennies for Rose & Blossom! They are definitely colours I would purchase just buy looking at them – case and point!

12. I too have a love for blush, but I have yet to find one that I would spend upwards of $40 on lol. The colors look amazing though. Maybe I’ll give Burberry a try one day.

I hear you. There was a time when I wouldn’t have thought about it either. But my tastes are continually changing and I try to appreciate the beauty of something so luxurious…even if it is so painful to my wallet…eep! ;)

13. Celia says:

Thank you for the comprehensive review. I love all three shades, but Russet and Blossom are calling out to me!

14. I can’t believe I have yet to try any Burberry Beauty products!

These blushes look so lovely, especially Rose :).

I am DYING to go buy about 150 Burberry products and this is not helping my temptation! After Christmas I’m planning a visit to the counter in Chicago and Russet and Blossom are at the top of my list!

Oh, no, they are too pretty to touch! I am also guilty of not yet touching my tarte amazonian clay blushes 0x0 I got them in June…

LOL! I have been touching them more lately. I try to take pictures of product pre-touching so a lot of times things don’t look like I use them…but I definitely do ;) I am afraid to get to a point where the design is gone, though! :(

mmm burberry. and BLUSHES. gahhh. russet is on my christmas list :D and cameo! i kinda want to own every shade (like a crazy person :/) i have a problem with collecting all the shades of blush from companies haha. there are so many things i want to try from burberry…these blushes and the lip mists are on the top of my list though!

ooooh!! I hope you get some for Christmas, or with Christmas money! I am loving the Burberry line. I know what you mean though, when i like something I want to own it in every shade *ahem* Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes….. !

18. Blossom and Russet are so pretty ;______; *stares woefully at wallet*