Days of Golds and Roses

Rose gold. It’s no secret why this shade is so popular. Seemingly flattering on all skin tones and a goes-with-everything reputation, rose gold became a fast hit in my makeup routine earlier this year. If I could describe the shade in one word, it would be enchanting. I thought I would feature some great options in this shade that I have come across so far.

Rosy Outlook.

Gilded lillies are for amatuers.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Rose*: This is a subtle and super soft highlight. It gives a gentle ethereal glow without saying “Hi my name is shimmer and I’m all over your face” The powder has an excellent texture and is as lasting as I have come to expect from Tarte’s Amazonian Clay line. If you think the next highlighter is just too much, this may be the one you are looking for. This is a product that would work for pretty much everyone, especially if you despise shimmer/glitter. This is a grab-n-go kind of product that doesn’t require a lot of thought or precise application.

Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Rose Rendezvous: Not for the faint of heart. This is Bam! Pow! highlighter and although and it can be worn subtly, the shimmer is ever-present. The texture is divine and the the pattern goes without saying- GORG. It’s limited edition which does tack on a little bit of frenzy if you want to get this before it’s gone. However, I don’t think it’s something everyone will love nor is it something I would universally recommend to everyone.  You have to be careful because it’s easy to overdo. I overlook it because frankly, it’s a gorgeous powder.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Shadow in Rose Gold 8: It’s pretty self-explanatory. It is more of a sheer shadow, soft to the touch and easy to blend. It’s shimmery but not glittery or gritty. It’s almost a satin in my eyes. It’s lovely all around and I don’t experience fall out with this formula.

And the Gold you Rose in on...

Mally Lip Laquer in Delish Apricot*: A great long lasting liquid lipstick because it’s quite thick and very pigmented. It’s the only rose gold-ish shade for the lips I own. It leans more apricot as the shade name suggests, but it is positively stunning.

bareMinerals Prime Time Primer Shadow in Sundance: This shade reminds me of MAC’s Rubenesque paint pot, only on steroids. It stays put all day when I use it as a base, but on it’s own I have seen it start creasing at the 6-7 hours. Nothing horrible and nothing worth returning the product over. It’s smooth and pigmented and a little of this goes on loooong way. It’s a small tube, but since you need so little I don’t mind. I like that it’s in a tube vs in a pot for sanitary reasons.

Swatches L-R with flash: Mally Delish Apricot, Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, Tarte Rose, Bobbi Brown Rose Gold, bareMinerals Sundance

Swatches L-R in Natural Light: Mally Delish Apricot, Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous, Tarte Rose, Bobbi Brown Rose Gold, bareMinerals Sundance

Good as Rose Gold

Orly Rage: Shimmering metallic goodness. I love this shade. have loved it since I purchased it several months ago…I think back in March or April. It’s graced my nails many times and for a nail polish addict like me, that’s saying a lot. I like the formula and it holds up well on my nails without chips for at least 4-5 days.

MAC Soiree: A limited edition color. Identical to Orly Rage, only Orly Rage is better in my opinion. The sparkle is better, the formula is better. If you missed this polish from last year’s Cham Pale collection, you aren’t missing out because Orly’s Rage is readily available at Ulta (and other places too).

Which is which?

Can you tell which is which? I kind of don’t want to say, but if you must know my middle and pinkie fingers are both Orly Rage, index and ring are both MAC Soiree.

What are your rose gold recommendations? Do you find the shade as enchanting as I do?

*Items with a ‘*’ were provided by PR for review purposes only*
This entry was posted in Favorites, Laura Mercier, MAC, Mally Beauty, Orly, Swatches, Tarte and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Days of Golds and Roses

Ooo these are all so gorgeous! I’m still obsessed with Deborah Lippman Glamorous Life, but I neeeeeeeeed Orly Rage. I personally think MAC Sable eyeshadow reads a bit rose gold too. I love it in the crease or just swept over the lid if I’m in a hurry. That Laura Mercier highlighter needs to get in my shopping cart ASAP! =D

Yes! Orly Rage is sooooo gorgeous! I can so see that about Sable, I should use that shadow more often (don’t all beauty bloggers say that?). Yes! It’s not for the faint of heart, but I know you could werk it!

2. Mercedes says:

LOVEEEEEEEEE the polish!!!!

You’re right, I do NEED Bobbi Brown’s Rose Gold. I cant believe you recommended it to me months ago and I still haven’t acted on it!

It’s a gorgeous shadow! The texture is really nice too. I have had hit and miss experiences with Bobbi Brown shadows, but this one is definitely a hit!

oh i cannot tell the difference btw the polishes!! rose brown has been my obsession lately!!! not too far from rose gild and i was actually looking up swatches of BB Rose Gold last night!!!! thanks for sharing ur stash!

5. Mally Delish Apricot and bareMinerals Sundance are fab! neeeeed….i have a great rose gold nail polish by nicole opi

They totally are! I will have to check out the Nicole by OPI shades in Target next time I am there. Thanks for the tip! :)

i definitely understand the rose gold hype. it is such a flattering, pretty color. surprised to see your jamme kidd rose gold cream didnt make this post! love the look of the laura mercier highlighter, but i cant justify having anymore, i have way too many!

I know! Well, my Jemma Kidd is still my favorite, but it’s not as rose gold toned as the items as chose. I like it not just for the color, but the product itself, even if it isn’t as rose gold as the name would imply. ;)

Nooo, why would you put Rose Rendezvous up again? You are teasing us! Haha. BE Sundance in gorgeous…I need that in my life!

8. Orly Rage is my current lifeline. I LOVE IT. No idea where to get a full-sized bottle in Toronto though, only found a few minibottles!

Hmm, I have seen it at Ulta, but nowhere else. I am betting you can find a full size bottle online somewhere—I think there is a Canadian nail polish website that sells Orly…I can’t think of the name of it, will let you know if I find it!

9. Summer says:

Purchased the Orly nail polish straight after reading this post, it’s gorgeous! x

10. That Laura Mercier Face Illuminator? WANT O____________O

11. Portia says:

Please let me know if you are interested in selling your LM Illuminizer as I have been searching high and low with no luck. There are some sellers on ebay but they are asking more than $150. Yikes! I want a rose highlighter because it compliments my skintone better than a lot of the products out there (I am african-american). Thanks in advance!

Hi Portia! I do not have any plans of selling or swapping mine at this time, if I ever do I will remember this comment and keep you in mind first. I am really sorry the eBayers are out there taking advantage of people. I hope that Laura Mercier will possibly bring this back due to high demand. Good luck in your search!