It’s been awhile since I posted just a FOTD so I thought I would share with you the easy-peasy look I created today, along with a little hair flair. I also wanted to share with you a recent (think Friday) purchase I made because the Sephora VIB sale is coming up and I thought you might like to see a FOTD with the product.
Simple! I wanted something with definition, but not too much. I also threw in some braids because it seemed appropriate for today. It keeps all the little pieces of hair out of my face for sure.
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation in 30 Beige
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Rollerball
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay powder in bronze*
- Chanel Rose Ecrin Blush
- Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Rose Rendezvous (see below)
- MAC MSF in Medium Plus
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill #9 (Rock Sand) lightly as base
- MAC Orb all over lid, under browbone
- MAC Moleskin in crease and blended up
- Burberry Midnight Brown in outer corner
- Chanel Mirifique Illusion d’ Ombre as liner
- Urban Decay 24-7 liner in Corrupt on waterline
- Benefit They’re Real mascara
- It Cosmetics Brow Power universal brow pencil*
- MAC Speak Louder lipstick (lightly patted on)
- MAC Evolution Revolution lipglass
Now, what I wanted to show you in case you plan on participating in the Sephora VIB sale or if you are just looking for a great new highlighter….
I spotted this baby on Sephora several weeks ago while plotting my Friends & Family shopping cart. I was already planning to get Benefit Watt’s Up and had not seen this in person or in pictures yet so I kind of tucked it away and forgot about it. Then a supreme twitter enabler and fellow beauty blogger, Star from Eye Adore Pretty, tweeted a picture of hers and then I saw her blog post and I couldn’t resist. I was planning to wait until the VIB sale started but when I went in to Sephora on Friday they only had one left and I was told it wasn’t being restocked (it’s limited edition) so of course after swatching it I knew the sole one my store had was going home with me. *sigh* I have a special themed post coming in the next week or so with full swatches, but here’s a close up of how it looks on my skin…
This highlighter is not subtle, it can be sheered out but if you prefer something that isn’t shimmery this probably isn’t for you. I fell in love with the formula and color when I first touched the tested palette in Sephora. I was worried it would be too dark but it’s actually just right.
What’s your favorite Sunday look? This is a bit more glam than I normally do, but since we had that extra hour today (thanks daylight savings!) I put a bit more time into then usual.