(Side note, that’s total sarcasm in my title, I realize everyone and their second cousin twice removed has been talking about these for the past couple of weeks when they first were spotted on drugstore shelves. I am deliberately poking fun at myself for continuing the seemingly endless talk and praise for said Butters)

*moving on*

Revlon Lip Butters- totally dig the packaging

I didn’t intend to write a full on post about these because I honestly didn’t anticipate liking them as much as I did (and do). Then after encountering several displays, coupons and BOGO sales, I amassed more of them than I thought I would. For those girls who are just now seeing the displays in your areas or have been so intimated by the sheer number of colors, this one’s for you.

Please keep in mind I didn’t pay full price for many of these, maybe one or two. The rest I combined coupons at the stores with BOGO sales to make the price of each closer to $4. I have also spotted these for about a month now. I didn’t buy them all at once, but one or two at a time when I happened to stop in a drugstore. So far, I have only seen them at Walgreens and CVS stores. I would recommend waiting to get them on sale as they are kind of pricey ($7.50 in my area) and although I think the product and packing justifies the cost, I don’t like paying full price if I don’t have to. However, most displays only have 2 of each shade, sometimes only 1. So if you have your heart set on a shade it may be worth picking up while you see it. I have no clue if these are limited edition or a permanent line Revlon is adding.

Lip Butter Swatch Fest!

Swatches, L-R:

Tutti Frutti (more orange-red on lips), Cherry Tart (has slight shimmer), Candy Apple, Sugar Plum, Raspberry Pie, Strawberry Shortcake,  Creme Brule, Creamsicle, Sweet Tart

These shades are all quite different as you can see. They feel moisturizing like a balm and although they aren’t particularly long wearing (think about an hour- 1.5 hours) the darker shades definitely leave behind a bit of a stain. They aren’t sticky and I like the texture and consistency. I like the fact that they add a glossy look without being over the top shiny. I think the packaging is divine as well. I may give Tutti Frutti and Cherry Tart to a friend because I don’t particularly care for how they look on me. But the rest of them I am extremely pleased with. The shade selection is huge and at first I thought some of them would overlap, but the ones I picked out certainly don’t.

These are totally worth trying out and I give Revlon two thumbs up for creating such an awesome product!

28 Responses to “Revlon Lip Butters: Because You Haven’t Heard Enough Yet.”

1. Mercedes says:

Ahhhh I want all of them, especially Tutti Frutti! Amazing swatches.

Thanks hun! I liked Tutti Frutti more in the tube and on my swatch than on my lips. On my lips it doesn’t pull as orange-peach, it pulls much more red. Personal preference for me, but I was kind of hoping for it to look like it does in the tube. Oh well! There are so many other great shades to choose from!

2. Thanks for swatch n review! I went looking for them in my local CVS after reading your tweets about them but sadly they were not available :( Iam particularly eyeing sugar plum!!

Sugar Plum was my first purchase! I really enjoy that shade! I am sure they will appear soon. I know not everyone’s stores have gotten them in yet.

3. Romzs says:

Raspberry Pie & Sweet Tart both look so nice! I love the names, too! x

4. Amanda says:

I absolutely adore these too! I have 8 of them so far, they’re very addictive. My faves are Cotton Candy, Creme Brulee and Peach Parfait. I just started a giveaway for 3 tubes today too!

Totally agree! I just picked up Peach Parfait, it’s an amazing neutral! I want Red Velvet next I think, since it’s a deeper shade. Creme Brule is gorgeous too!

5. Diane says:

they look so damn GORGEOUS. unlike you this is my first time seeing and reading about these new lip products from Revlon. Thanks for posting. :)

6. I picked up I think five of them here on my vacation and LOVE them!! Beautiful swatches girl!

7. Caitlin says:

I have yet to find this in my area, but once I do I’m going to purchase all of them! Your swatches are lovely xo :)

8. i neeeeeeed tutti frutti, raspberry pie, and creme brulee!

I chuckled a bit about how we haven’t heard enough about these already ;) I adore these and want every color! I do think there’s a good chance they’re going to look different on everyone so I wonder if swatches are really useful, but thanks so much for swatching so many! Did you find strawberry shortcake to look like a sheer viva glam gaga on?

I still haven’t seen these around yet, but I’ll keep looking! I have my eye on the nude-ish ones, they look beautiful :)

11. OMG, I am so so SO badly lemming these!!!! I havent seen them in Canada (at least my neck of the woods) yet and I hope they come soon, because they look awesome! The packaging is beautiful (I like that they kept with the quilted look) and I love that the colors are so vibrant. Thanks for posting this. :)

very nice stash there!!!!! these have been released here but every shade has been sold out in every store!! can u blv it??? haha hopefully eventually i will get to see these in person! lol

13. Katy says:

You made me want to hunt these down! I haven’t spotted them anywhere but now I’m for sure on the lookout. I love that you swatched such a variety of colors… makes it easier to pick a few out than just looking at them in the store.

14. Thanks for the swatches! I haven’t spotted these yet but will definitely pick up a couple of shades.

15. Justine says:

We finally got these in Canada! I picked up 3 today: Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake and Pink Truffle. We didn’t have all the shades in my store though, and they ere $10.99 CAD, sucks! And $15,99 at the same store, different location. We get majorly ripped off. Apparently Walmart has them for $7.99 but kinda out of the way for me, maybe this weekend if I can convince my boyfriend to go! hahah.

16. Diana says:

Thanks for the swatches! I’ve picked up a few myself and now it looks like I need to get a couple more! =)

17. Lois says:

So far I have purchased 3 tubes, and plan to purchase more TODAY, that is why I was back looking at color swatches..So far I have purchased two that I LOVE: Cherry Tart and Berry Smoothe..both are lovely shades..also purchased Peach Parfait…NOT a good choice at all….not enough color, even if I layer it..it was a waste of money; next I will be considering: Sweet Tart, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie , possibly Tutti Fruitti; might consider Red Velvet, but without testers cannot tell if it is too deep red; tell me about Macaroon I have not seen it any place but it is shown once in a color swatch…is it for real or not?

I have never seen that shade here in the U.S. but I have heard about it. I will have to look next time I pass a display!