A True Fauve-rite

This post is kind of old news by now, but I had to share this Fauve-rite new shadow of mine with you. Ever since I first laid my taupe-obsessed eyes on pictures of Chanel’s new Fauve eyeshadow, I just knew that we would be BFFs.

Chanel Fauve Eyeshadow

I actually got this back in early September, but somehow have managed not to post about it for almost 2 months. It’s high time you saw this beauty in action.

Chanel Fauve Dry/Over Pixie Epoxy in direct Sunlight

Chanel Fauve Dry/ Over Pixie Epoxy

This is my favorite kind of taupe. I prefer my taupes with a more purple/silver lean to them, and that’s exactly the effect that Fauve gives. It’s dimension is so difficult to capture on film. I had to see this one in person first to really experience how gorgeous it is. Color me impressed!

And of course, you want to see what it looks like on the eyes….

Wearing Fauve

Wearing Fauve

It is exactly what I hope it would be. It lasts all day on me, however I do normally use some kind of primer or base, I never wear it completely dry…or any powder shadow for that matter. The only thing I would caution against is that you may, depending on what base you use and/or how you apply it experience a small amount of fall out. I patted mine on with the sponge tip applicator it came with in this look and didn’t have issues. But, I could see it being one if you just try to brush or swipe it on. It isn’t the softest, creamiest powder ever, but it is a nice formula and the color is beyond.

Fauve FOTD

P.S.- I am wearing MAC’s Oh, Oh, Oh Lipstick here.

Fauve is a winner all around for me. Although I wish Chanel’s packaging was a little more luxe than it is, I do think it’s worth picking up.

Have you tried Chanel’s eyeshadows? Is Fauve the kind of shade you would go for? Dish!

This entry was posted in Chanel and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A True Fauve-rite

Oh, Oh, Oh… I have that lipstick! Thought I’d just see your pun with another pun :-P
    This is gorgeous…

2. Fauve is so gorgeous! And that MAC lippie looks pretty on you.

Danielle, as always you look STUNNING. I’m still debating Fauve because I have LMDB Corinthian and I’m not sure I need both. (But you make it look so good I may have to cave.)

Aww *hugs* thanks dear! Actually, I have a swatch comparison of Taupes coming soon, and I swatched Fauve and Corinthian next to each other. Fauve is more purple and silver while Corinthian is more..brown? The picture will show the difference, I will post it soon! :)

4. Erin says:

I want this beauty SO BAD! I just don’t know if I can justify the price tag just yet :/. Christmas wish list? :)

Erin- totally add to the Christmas wishlist! I always put things on there that I won’t or don’t want to spend the money on myself ;)

5. Tara says:

You look amazingly beautiful in that photo. Such a beautiful lady.
    The Chanel looks gorgeous too. I haven’t tried and of their eye products- I am tempted to now.
    Great post as usual. XX

Aww, thanks Tara! *hugs* I am slowly getting more into Chanel, they are pricey so I am trying to be careful about the items I choose, making sure they will be items I will enjoy and get plenty of use out of! :)

6. G A B Y says:

OMG It is the prettiest taupe eyeshadow ever! Love it!

Isn’t it though?! I fell in love with it when I swatched it. That was my first mistake…lol. It’s all downhill after you swatch it in person! ;)

oh so very pretty!!! and i love your title!!!! hehehehe I find that for Dior and Chanel eye shadows, you don’t really need brushes! their applicators are great!

8. Mercedes says:

I Love this color… I think this is as smokey as I get with my makeup lol I LOVEEEE it… Wish it was bigger tho cuz I feel like I’ll run out lol

I know, this is definitely a shade that I could see myself going through. But then again, I don’t need to use a lot of it to get the depth I need. I hope it’s not limited edition! :)

9. Ebru says:

I was already convinced by another blogger to pick up this beaut BUT you definitely double convinced me my friend! It’s absolutely stunning and looks very pretty on you :)