It’s been quite awhile since I first laid eyes on Burberry’s makeup line. It’s also been since August that I haven’t posted about the wonders of the products I have tried so far… thanks to my lovely friend DelytefulSpeaks.

Let me tell you, once you go Burberry, you never go back.

Burberry!

First, let’s discuss the amazing presentation. The packaging is heavy and magnetic. I LOVE that the Burberry design is etched/embossed on the cases. It feels so utterly luxurious. That’s before I have even opened them up, mind you. I squeal with delight on the inside when I look at them because, honestly, this is the prettiest packaging I own. Aside from a Guerlain Rouge G, it doesn’t get more sophisticated than this.

Burberry Lip Mist in Feather Pink

The lipstick-lipgloss hybrid to end all. It’s the single best formula in that arena that I have tried. For me, it was better than Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shines, better than YSL (which I don’t own but have tried at Sephora) and the countless others I hoarded this year. What makes this different is the consistency and the way it applies. Like butter, but not as thin like the Rouge Coco Shines. This feels like actual cream gliding across your lips. The pigmentation is unexpected since most hybrids are sheer. Not here, ladies. It’s got great coverage. Not slippery or wet, but shiny and silky, creamy. The only thing worth noting is that I wasn’t particularly keen on was the perfume scent. It isn’t awful or horribly strong, but it’s there.  The packaging is fun because you can only put the cap on one way (because of the magnet) so I had a play and let the boy try to close it before telling him about the magnet. He loves the packaging now too ;)

Burberry Russet Blush

*sigh* what a thing of beauty. That etched pattern combined with the absolute silkiness of this blush is just breathtaking. The color is fabulous too, unlike anything I already have. You will see in the swatches that although it seems like a neutral shade and nothing super bright, it has such a quality of color that you can’t help but be drawn to it.

Burberry Rosewood Eyeshadow

The eyeshadow is no exception to the rule either. Just as lovely as the blush and lipstick before it, and sweetly unassuming in shade. But again, to swatch it is something of a thrill. It is simple, yet refined and special too. Truly worth having in any makeup collection.

L-R: Russet, Rosewood, Feather Pink

The dimension of Rosewood is slightly lost in this photograph. In real life it is a lighter and less sparkly version of Chanel’s Fauve eyeshadow. It lights up my eyes and makes me feel chic and awake.

Here I am wearing Burberry’s Feather Pink:

I love everything I have….and of course I want more! I dare you to venture into the world of Burberry Beauty, just don’t expect to walk away empty handed ;)

28 Responses to “Burberry: A Classic Romance”

1. I adore Burberry!! I enabled @DelytefulSpeaks on the Russet Blush-glad she enabled you now!! I need to get some more Burberry in my life as well!!

Oooh! Well I am glad you did, because she recommended the shade to me when we were swapping and it’s looooveee! I want mooooooreeee! ;)

2. Oh god, Danielle. Stop making EVERYTHING look so good! I need to be paying for textbooks, not lipsticks! :P

Ahhhh! *goes to hide* very sorry…errrm. Actually, I’m not =P BUY BUY BUY. (side note, when I reply to comments at night one of my other personalities tends to butt in)

ahhhhhhhhh Burberry make up!!! everytime i see a counter i go oooo and ahhhh but have yet to purchase anything bc it seems too precious but you make me want to run to one right now! esp with ur description of the lippie!!! all the colors u picked were top notch!

Thanks dear! Oh man, I have a serious love affair with Burberry now. I want LOTS more!!! I agree, it does seem so precious like you don’t want to touch it!

I got Feather Pink over the summer. It’s so pretty, but you know me – I have a hard time breaking away from my nudes! haha The blush and eyeshadow look amazing, too! I know what you mean in that last sentence – I got to visit a counter in a Nordstrom in downtown Chicago, and I was overwhelmed by too much pretty! I was pretty proud of myself for walking away with Nude Beige lipstick and nothing else (at the time..).

Ahh, yes Jessica. You are the nude lipstick queen! For some reason I have been more into pinks lately. Feather Pink fit the bill perfectly.

5. Justine says:

That design is so beautiful, I wouldn’t want to use it!

6. Delyteful Speaks says:

Ahhhh I need me more Burberry too!!! I’ve never tried their lipsticks.. Will have to pick a shade when I pick you one too ;)

7. Diane says:

OH that blush looks very similiar to my Avon True Color Blush in Russet. funny that they have the same name :) . i swear they look so much alike. not sure if they’re complete dupes though because for a start i can’t afford to buy Burberry make-up but what i can say is based on your swatch they are looking VERY identical. have you tried any Avon make-up? I’m loving Avon right now especially their lipsticks because for the cheap price you’re paying, you do get the quality that is superb. :)

ps. FYI I’m not an Avon representative or anything. :) haha just in case you were wondering. i just happen to be a massive fan of Avon.

Oh wow! Thanks for the tip Diane! I have tried and actually really enjoy some of the Avon makeup I have. I will definitely be looking at that blush in the future!

You had me at the packaging photo. DYING. NEED ALL OF IT.

You look so great, like ethereal! And the description made me want this even more… it’s HG in the Indiana Jones sense, lol! I wish I weren’t so greedy about quantity over quality, I’d love to try some Burberry beauty!

Aww, thanks Sarah! I know, I am turning the tide on quality vs quantity. I don’t want to keep expanding storage! lol!

10. Alex says:

I saw on twitter that you went and bought more after posting this – too funny! I’ll definitely be hitting up the Burberry counter as soon as I can. Great swatches, as always :)

i am so ready to try out burberry’s makeup! i really want to try out all of their blushes!

Ohh Kelly, you won’t be disappointed. They are more on the sheer side and can be built up…it’s the texture and packaging that make it impossible not to love.

12. I haven’t tried Burberry makeup………it looks so classy! And you look gorgeous with that smile :)

13. The packaging is so luxe looking and chic…Sounds like I’ve to try this lipstick if it’s better than Chanel’s Coco Rouge!

The packaging is luxe. It’s my favorite packaging of any brand I have. I like that it’s metal and not plastic too.

14. […] have reviewed this formula before (here) but as a refresher, these are silky, luxurious and are basically a lipstick and lipgloss rolled […]

15. Jen says:

Is Burberry Russet a dupe for Chanel’s Imprevu?

I’m sorry, I don’t own Imprevu so I can’t say for sure. Online swatches I saw show that Imprevu has a shimmer/sheen which Russet doesn’t have. I would say Imprevu also looks slightly more brown.