Hi ladies! Soo when I started hearing about Wet n Wild’s new holiday collection earlier this week I thought, “here we go again.” The hunt, the endless search…etc. It’s gotten old. BUT. I remember that I was able to easily find the Wet n Wild holiday collection last year at a local Walgreens without much trouble at all. But believe me, I remember how hard they were for so many to track down!
So, I gave said store a call on Tuesday and the sweet lady in cosmetics said, ” Call back tomorrow at this time. Our new displays get delivered on Wednesday and should be out by 3PM.” I didn’t call because I was too busy. But, on my way home I remembered what she had said and stopped in to Walgreens and……
I guess you could say I was dazed by the fact that the holiday collection was there, completely untouched and ready to be ransacked.
I bought the baked shadow palettes ($4.99/each) and two of the nail polishes. I am only showing 1 palette and 1 polish here because, as usual, I have a little something up my sleeve. Stay tuned…
These are dry, over my new favorite primer/shadow setter Pixie Epoxy (not sure it’s really a primer, but it works wonders with shadows!). Gorgeous!
L-R: MAC Glamour Check, WnW Baked Not Fried, MAC Carbonized, WnW Baked, Not Fried (bottom most shades in the palette)
Not exact dupes but rather close. Carbonized is closer than Glamour Check is, but on the eyes I bet either would be hard to distinguish. Both of these MAC shades are limited edition. I prefer the formula of Carbonized (smoother, easier to apply) but Glamour Check and the WnW seem very similar in how they apply.
L-R: MAC Woodwinked vs WnW shade (middle of the palette)
Extremely close in shade, but Woodwinked does not have the sparkle that the WnW one has. I prefer the MAC formula between the two, but I like the added sparkle from the WnW.
L-R: MAC Naked Lunch, WnW Shade, Stila Kitten
The lovely G of Nouveau Cheap had suggested in her fab-dabulous post here that there might be a Stila Kitten dupe …unfortunately I don’t think it’s close enough. Kitten leans more gold/peach here and the WnW shade leans more pink. Naked Lunch is much less shimmery when compared.
L-R: MAC Creamy Bisque, MAC Nylon, WnW shade (Lightest one at top)
The lightest WnW shade initially reminded me of Nylon, but Nylon has a sheen, not a shimmer and is lighter/more gold. My next try was Creamy Bisque, but again not really close. The formulas on all of these were quite nice.
L-R: Bobbi Brown Tiger’s Eye, MAC Mythical, WnW Coppery shade
I didn’t have a dupe for this shade. I tend not to reach for coppers too often (especially when they lean too orange) because they make me look tired and well, like I got socked in the face.
Of all the shades, Woodwinked and Carbonized were closest in terms of color alone. Are there any true dupes here? Well, that depends on what your definition. If yours is “close enough” than there probably are. If yours is “exact replica” than I’m afraid I don’t have the shades.
This was my favorite of the polishes. BAR GLITTER! OMG. Coppery-Goldy-Glittery goodness. This is a must have! I also picked up Give Me a Price Quote because it was also bar glitter and looked fantastic. This is 2 coats (thicker ones)
And, because I realize these are notoriously difficult to track down. I decided to give away the two things I wanted most from this collection…
1 winner will receive:
- 1 Wet n Wild Coloricon Baked Shadow Palette in Baked, Not Fried
- 1 Wet n Wild Coloricon nail color in 24 Karats
- Contest is open internationally. Contest begins 10/19/2011 and ends 10/30/2011 at midnight CST.
- You MUST be a follower on Google Friend Connect to be eligible.
- You MUST leave a comment below telling me what holiday collection or item you are looking forward to the most. It can be any brand. Please leave your GFC name as well. Comments without these will be disqualified.
- For (1) extra entry, follow me on Twitter @BloominBeauty5 and RT the following, “Follow @BloominBeauty5 and RT to win some awesome Wet n Wild Holiday Collection makeup! http://tinyurl.com/689coc8” Please leave a comment with the link/url to your tweet.
- For (1) extra entry “Like” Bloomin’ Beauty Blog on Facebook and leave a comment on the wall about which item you are most excited to try.
Thanks, and good luck!
This Giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Gaby for winning and thanks to everyone who entered!