You know, I seem to get the oddball Birchbox lately. The one from August was like that too. I see a preview of the box and then mine is practically 100% different. I’m not sure how that happens, but it’s left me feeling pretty grateful because I end up with a box I like better than what I thought I was going to get.

Birchbox October 2011

What I got:

Based on the sizes I received I am really pleased as punch about this month’s box. Yeah, I am a little disappointed that we still haven’t received another full size item in awhile and that they didn’t tie in a Halloween theme. Though, Halloween isn’t everyone’s cup of tea so I can imagine it would have frustrated people who dislike the holiday. Plus, no perfume samples :) ! It’s not that I mind trying new perfume because that’s usually how I end up finding one I like (by pure accident from a sample) …it’s just I have a whole bag of samples and really *really* don’t need more right now. So every month I don’t get one is a good month for me :)

Also, I threw on the gloss yesterday and did a quick FOTD picture:

Anastasia Gloss in Bellini

Product Breakdown-

Face:

Eyes:

Lips:

Are you subscribed to Birchbox or something like it? Do you feel like a sample program is worth the monthly fee? So far I have been a little let down some months but mostly I like the service…though it could use some tweaking.

18 Responses to “Birchbox: October 2011 edition”

1. River says:

Gorgeous lipgloss colour – really suits you!

I really hope I get that gloss! It is so pretty on you :)

3. Kelly says:

That lip gloss looks gorgeous on you! How do you like the Chanel Illusion d’Ombre?

Thanks dear! I am enjoying it so far. Overall though, I prefer Giorgio Armani’s Eyes to kill. The texture and payoff of Emerveille doesn’t compare to Giorgio Armani Rock Sand, which is the better of the two in my opinion. :) But Epatant is lovely and GA doesn’t have a shade to compete with it.

Girl you are too beautiful for words!

warm colors just work so BEAUTIFULLY on ur face!!

6. You look gorgeous girl, as usual! :) That lipgloss really suits you!

7. Selena says:

I’m very close to cancelling Birchbox. Not happy with the products. This month had items in it that did not match the card =(

Oh wow! That is pretty unprofessional of Birchbox! Have you tried contacting them? They are really good about rectifying mistakes (happened in my box once) I would reach out to them on twitter or their website. They will more than likely send you replacement products. They could definitely improve their product placement in these boxes as well. I hope they will!

8. I am a new follower of your blog. That lipgloss looks lovely on you!

9. Liz says:

Your box looks awesome! Would you mind telling me what you have as your “beauty profile” setting on Birchbox? I’d like to try and make those settings my own to see if I can get a box like yours next month :)