You know, I seem to get the oddball Birchbox lately. The one from August was like that too. I see a preview of the box and then mine is practically 100% different. I’m not sure how that happens, but it’s left me feeling pretty grateful because I end up with a box I like better than what I thought I was going to get.
What I got:
- Anastasia Hydrafull gloss in Bellini (color is gorg! Never tried an Anastasia gloss before, and this didn’t disappoint)
- The Laundress Wool & Cashmere Cedar Shampoo (generous package, will get at least three washes from it)
- Clark’s Botanicals Intense Radiance Mask ( I have never heard of this brand, but love discovering new ones)
- Amika Oil Treatment for hair (has argan and obliphica, and smells better than any other oil I have tried, also super generous amount will last months)
- Laura Geller Spackle primer in Bronze (I actually have another sample of this but it’s almost gone. Now, I can continue to use it when the other when is finished. Also, this is the only product I saw in other posts and videos that is in mine so far).
Based on the sizes I received I am really pleased as punch about this month’s box. Yeah, I am a little disappointed that we still haven’t received another full size item in awhile and that they didn’t tie in a Halloween theme. Though, Halloween isn’t everyone’s cup of tea so I can imagine it would have frustrated people who dislike the holiday. Plus, no perfume samples ! It’s not that I mind trying new perfume because that’s usually how I end up finding one I like (by pure accident from a sample) …it’s just I have a whole bag of samples and really *really* don’t need more right now. So every month I don’t get one is a good month for me
Also, I threw on the gloss yesterday and did a quick FOTD picture:
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 30 Beige (loving this!)
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller
- MAC Cream Colour Base in Seaside (cheekbones)
- Tarte Clay Blush Exposed
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Bronze (contour/bronzer)
- MAC MSFN Medium Plus mixed with Tarte powder to set
- Chanel Illusion d’ Ombre in Emerveille (all over lid, tear duct)
- MAC Creamy Bisque (tear duct, highlight)
- MAC Moleskin (half of lid and crease to blend)
- MAC Keep Your Cool Pro Longwear Shadow (outer V, Crease)
- MAC Mystery (liner)
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara
- Anastasia Hydrafull gloss in Bellini
Are you subscribed to Birchbox or something like it? Do you feel like a sample program is worth the monthly fee? So far I have been a little let down some months but mostly I like the service…though it could use some tweaking.