Yes, repeat offender folks. It’s not that I mind a little chase when it comes to getting my beauty products. After all, so much of the thrill is in the hunt, isn’t it? But, there comes a point in time when the hunt becomes annoying and is no longer worth the time and effort. I am getting there with Wet n Wild’s new releases. I love the company, I love their products, but man oh man, they really need to work on their distribution. The least you can do is make your product available to purchase online either through your own website or a selected retailer if you can’t seem to coordinate the actual brick & mortar stores getting and displaying the product. *end rant*

Wet n Wild Dreamweavers Trios

But, luckily if you are like me and have made friends with lovely fellow beauty addicts, you probably have someone who has found their products and would be happy to send them to you. This happened with me. I owe a HUGE thank you to Missy of Start2FinishMUA (go check out her fabulous YouTube Channel) and Courtney of Eyes, Lips and Curls (such a wonderful blogger) for getting me the entire Dreamweavers collection. I am only going to show 4 of the trios here because I haven’t decided yet if I am going to keep the others or give them away to someone who might use them more than I will. ;) These two girls are so sweet and awesome, definitely worth checking them out and following them on Twitter.

Wet n Wild Earth Looks Small From Down Here

Wet n Wild We're Blasting Off Trio

Wet n Wild Earth Looks Small From Down Here and We're Blasting Off

I was generally happy with the performance of both of these trios. The pink shade in We’re Blasting Off could definitely be better and more pigmented. But the taupe shade makes up for it completely. So soft and applies like buttah. I am in love with that shade. Earth Looks Small From Down Here performed well, the gold shade being the best of the three. Not the best I have seen from Wet n Wild, but better than the pink shade of the other trio. All of the colors are pretty though, and wearable.

*swatched without primer to show true effect of the shadow*

Wet n Wild Bright Idea Trio

Wet n Wild Dancing in the Clouds Trio

Wet n Wild Bright Idea and Dancing in the Clouds Trios Swatches

The Bright Idea trio is perfect. No complaints for me on any of the shades. They all applied nicely, smoothly and well-pigmented. It’s not the most practical palette I own but I like to have something to mix it up. I could see this being great for spring and summer next year. Now, Dancing in the Clouds was the trio I looked forward to the most. And two of the shades are incredible. But if you were looking at this palette because you wanted a great purple, look again. You won’t find it here. That purple is the worst Wet n Wild shadow I have ever swatched, and I own quite a number of their palettes. It is hard, chalky and barely pigmented. To get it to show up at all I had to use half a dozen swipes. Not worth it ladies! But, if you are like me and liked the look of the copper and dirty gold shades, this palette is 100% worth owning because they are quite simply fabulous.

Overall, with the 4 trios I am showing here, Wet n Wild could have done better. I am happy with my trios for the shades that are to-die-for, but it’s left a bad taste in my mouth about the shades that weren’t so great. Add that to the fact that I had to search high and low for them and …well, you get the picture. I do think these are worth owning for the shades that are good, because when you are only paying $2.99 per trio, that’s still a great deal!

Did any of you ladies find these trios? What are your thoughts if you did?

18 Responses to “End of the Hunt, Part 2: Repeat Offender”

1. Ashley says:

Wet n Wild really should open up an official online store. They must have international shipping too!

I totally agree! It would make so many of their customers happy. I don’t know what is holding them back!

• April says:

I totally agree agree with you & the blogger… I also get so frustrated with WnW & their distribution of their LE products! I live in a rural area so it’s even harder for me to get a hold of any of those types of their products. We just got a Walgreens in a bigger town down the road, but they don’t seem to keep up with the LE products either for WnW. Our Walmart doesn’t carry them anymore & our Kmart just stocks the basic line. So to be on the hunt for anything special I have to travel at least 2 hours in any direction & multiple stores to start to find anything… it’s a real pain!

2. Bailey says:

I have a bunch of these, but I totally need We’re Blasting Off

I can’t believe how impossible it’s been to find these lately. I haven’t seen them *anywhere* near me. I read somewhere that all drugstores stock the permanent items, but choose which LTD edition displays they want to order. If you have a less than savvy makeup manager it would make sense that these aren’t everywhere.

I agree with you … it’s starting to get ridiculous.

Yeah, I heard that too. It seems so odd that with an obvious solution to that problem (hellllloooo online store or make them available through Ulta or Drugstore.com) that it would have been fixed by now. Especially considering all the effort they are putting forth to the Beauty Ambassador program. One would think if you are going to promote your brand you would first have the wherewithal to meet your customers needs, or at least reasonably so. With all of the comments here it seems like more often than not ladies aren’t able to find them. :(

Searched high and low for the Gilded Age Trio this past spring. Never got it. Made me do a crazy thing and order these stupidly marked-up! But I’m still glad I have them :) The greenish gold from Earth Looks Small is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever!

Yeah, I am always caught between a rock and a hard place with them. They bring such lovely products out but don’t make sure they have reliable distributors or retailers that will put out the items. It’s maddening. I say they should just make them all available online, like Milani does. :)

5. Amanda says:

I went on a wild goose hunt for these until I finally gave up. They are missing the boat, not to mention loads of money, by not having their products online. I wish they’d at least sell them through Cherry Culture like Milani and NYX do. Every time I see someone talk about a new Wet n Wild palette, it takes me forever to find one. And that’s if I’m lucky.

I know!! It seems like so many ladies are saying the same thing. Worse yet, they don’t respond to tweets or emails. So inconsiderate if you ask me!

6. Is it weird that they keep telling you to put such saturated colours on your browbone? the colour combinations are beautiful, but a little misleading with their directions I think.

Umm, totally weird! I would never use any of the colors here on my brow bone! I prefer something more muted and understated. Bright yellow? Super pigmented sparkly antique gold? No. It’s just not my style, maybe someone in some instance can pull it off, but not for the average lady ;)

7. It’s even harder for us Canadians. By the time these palettes reach us, it’s probably at least 4 months later sometimes. And by then I am OVER wanting them. Why can’t they get them here sooner? It’s not like there’s an ocean to cross to get them to Canada. So, frankly, I don’t bother with Wet N Wild anymore. Call it a bit of a protest I guess. But they do like nice!

I totally agree Tracy! I had to rant a little about it because honestly, I don’t even fight this hard for really expensive stuff. Sooo not worth the hassle!

This is going to sound really silly, but I don’t like WnW palettes simply because they take forever to open. By the time I get all the darn stickers off (which is so hard with fake nails) I don’t even want to bother with eyeshadow anymore! xD I’d put some concentrated effort into finding one if I happened to see an incredible new shade that I couldn’t already dupe in my collection, but I haven’t been compelled to do that yet. I have 2 of the trios and one of the 6-pan palettes and I rarely use any of them. I must be an eyeshadow snob, although I swear I don’t mean to be. =/

I feel the same way about the packaging. I actually had these for probably two weeks or more before finally opening them because I needed to make sure I had time to do it carefully so I wouldn’t ruin my nails!! I wouldn’t call myself an eyeshadow snob per say, I just tend to reach for what’s in front of me, which is mostly my MAC palettes. If it’s easily in sight chances are I will use it more, if not, whether it’s Chanel or WnW it won’t get touched. :(

9. Earth Looks Small From Down Here and Bright Idea look so bright and lovely! I wish I wasn’t lazy, I would’ve harassed someone for a CP of these. :P