Ok, it wasn’t long ago that I only owned a few plum or berry blushes and honestly, I felt like my range was *really* lacking. I am a total blush fiend, so I happily went on the hunt for new blushes for the fall. I have spent spring-summer hauling so many oranges, peaches, corals and honestly, I am kind of over those colors for nails and cheeks right now. As we head into fall I will be relying more and more on plum, raspberry, pinks and nudes.
Here are a few good options, should you be in the market for a plum blush as well 🙂
Feels like fall!
Same, different lighting
Plums/Berries Part 1
Swatches, L-R in all photos:
- theBalm Cabana Boy: A recent find at TJ Maxx. It’s a great way to add plum to your fall makeup routine without going crazy dark or crazy pigmented. I was so impressed with the quality of this blush. If you see it at TJ Maxx, definitely pick it up. I think I got it for around $9 so it’s great if you are on a budget too! This has a nice sheen to it as well.
- MAC Plum Foolery: This has a shot of pink to it making it more wearable as well. It has more sheen/shimmer than Cabana Boy, but it’s not overwhelming. It’s a soft blush, and the quality is nice, but not as nice as Cabana Boy. I picture this being very wearable across so man skin tones.
- Illamasqua Sin: When I first heard about this shade I got super excited. It looked SO pigmented and gorgeous (albeit a little scary in the pan) but *sadness* set in when I realized Sephora didn’t carry this color. Luckily I was doing a swap with the lovely DelytefulSpeaks and she was able to pick it up for me. I was actually quite surprised at how much raspberry is shot through this shade. In the pan it looks like a dark purple…but on the skin for me it came up much more berry. I love Illamasqua’s smoooooth buttery formula…it’s one of the best!
- MAC Dirty Plum: Something I found at CCO. I am sad to say that this has been discontinued. I was able to pick it up in the Liberty of London packaging and I refuse to depot it. 🙂 It’s the darkest plum I own, and I was very happy when it turned out to be so different from Illamasqua Sin.
Plums/Berries Part 2
- MAC Dirty Plum (See above)
- Tarte Blushing Bride: The perfect combo of berry and plum, and a nice shot of shimmer throughout. It initially reminded me of NARS Sin, but when swatched next to each other you can clearly see the difference. Tarte’s is my favorite formula, followed closely by Illamasqua and NARS. This blends well and wears for ages on my skin.
- NARS Sin: I heard a lot about this blush before getting it I believe in July. I had swatched it a million times at Sephora and finally broke down. It’s a really, really nice shade and it’s pretty unique too. Unlike most of NARS blushes I have, this one isn’t “in your face” pigmented, so it’s easier to use. I like the golden sheen here as well.
- MAC On A Mission: A limited edition shade I found at CCO. Again, it’s a mix of berry and plum, but leans more plum than blushing bride. It’s a really nice shade and I wish MAC had made this a permanent color…or hopefully they will repromote it soon! It’s a beauty powder blush and so I enjoy the formula more than MAC’s normal blushes.
What are your favorite plum shades? Are you into a certain color right now? Do tell!
*Update: I did chat with MAC on 9/15/11 about Dirty Plum and it was confirmed that the shade has been discontinued.*