By now you have seen Ebru of Ebrushka’s Makeup Bag and I tweeting and blogging about our super theBalm finds at T.J. Maxx. But, this past Friday when I stopped in I found the steal of all steals…..

Steal!!!!!

I didn’t find this palette right on my first visit. It was visit number 3 to this T.J. Maxx when I spotted it. Sadly, I only found one otherwise I would have bought more to share with all of you. BUT, my boss and her friend each found one at another T.J. Maxx near here the next day. So, just keep your eyes open. :)

This palette is basically a soap opera in makeup form. From the packaging, name of the title, and name of the shadows, it’s downright daytime tv. :)

ooooooohhh!

This palette hasn’t officially released yet, which makes is so intriguing to be at T.J. Maxx already. It will retail for somewhere around $50 when it comes out this holiday season, but I picked it up for $19.99. LOVE that I didn’t have to pay retail.

Ahhhhhh!

Also, this palette is THE EXACT same one as the very limited edition Muppets palette theBalm is releasing. I prefer this one because as a child the Muppets scared me and I don’t care for anything with Muppets on them. If you like the shades but can’t get or don’t want the Muppets themed one, keep a look out for this one. It’s so worth tracking it down. The quality of the shadows is so superb and smooth. They aren’t given enough attention for sure!

Swatches L-R: The Oil Tycoon, The Estranged Mom, The Supermodel, The Bad Boy

This top row represents a great fall eyeshadow palette all on it’s own. Lovely!

Swatches L-R: The Southern Belle, The Mother-in-Law, The Guy Who Died But Didn't Really Die, The Mistress

Again, smooth and great pigmentation. Longest name for an eyeshadow ever goes to “The Guy Who Died But Didn’t Really Die” LOL. In person it’s more of a taupe, and a nice one at that.

Swatches L-R: The Step Brother, The Coma Patient, The Police Man, The Brain Surgeon

The Police Man is the only shade I can’t see myself using a lot, because it’s just so blue. Not the kind of blue I reach for…but maybe I will find something creative to do with it :)

Swatches L-R: The Neighbor, The Stock Broker, The Basket Case, The Older Woman

I love all of these shades. Soft, smooth, and great highlights/lid colors. I can’t pick a favorite here, I love them all!

Cheeks and Lips too!

TheBalm also including lip and cheek colors. Something I really love about theBalm is that they keep the cream products separate from the powders…so no mess! Drama Queen and The Perfect Man are cheek and lip colors, while the Evil Twin is more of a lipgloss. They all feel nice on the lips and on the skin.

Swatches L-R: The Drama Queen, The Perfect Man, The Evil Twin

These can be built up or sheered down depending on the color you are looking for. They blend on my cheeks easily, and don’t feel drying when I wear them on my lips. Evil Twin is a nice nude gloss, not too sticky and looks natural.

All in all I am 100% impressed with this palette, not a single dud in the bunch which is saying a lot when you have 16 shadows and 3 lip/cheek colors. I will work on getting myself to use that light, bright blue shade…and maybe post a FOTD when I do. ;)

Have you found theBalm at your TJ Maxx or Marshall’s yet? Do you have your eye on this palette or any of the other goodies found there so far?

26 Responses to “Sweet Find, Early Release.”

omg!! what an absolute great find! so jealous…i need to track this down! i actually realllly loved the muppets when i was younger so i have a soft spot for them. but i dont care THAT much about the packaging. i would rather have the muppet one over the soap opera…but for $20 i think i can live w.o the muppet theme! i hope i find this…the tj maxx’s in my area arent very great at stockin up on theBalm. i went and checked at one and there was a couple mineral shadows and a tinted moisturizer so i didnt get anything :(

Yeah, I think you either love the Muppets theme or hate it. Luckily there is an option for both teams :) I really hope you find this…sometimes mine is kinda empty too…it depends on when you go and when they get their shipments in. Maybe try to call and ask when they get a new shipment and go that day or the next day ;)

incredible!!!! cant blv u found this!!! *jealous*!! hahaha love the names and i love the shade evil twin!! how naughty! your first set of eyeshadow swatches, im drooling over, amazing for fall!!! esp that orange peach shade! GORGEOUS

3. River says:

Love the blues in it!

I am SOOOO jeaous! I went to a TJ Maxx to look for theBalm gems and I was so appalled because 95% of the product there had been opened. There were fingerprints in everything. Yuck. I did manage to pick up both Betty-Lou and Mary-Lou Manizer in a set and theBalm Cabana Boy that hadn’t been tampered with. I’ll have to keep checking for unopened goodies I think! =)

5. Great find, Danielle! I have to admit, this palette is pretty tempting – I’m just dying to try those creme colours. And those NAMES! They’re perfect :D

6. I love the concept and shadow names in this palette, so cute! XD The Southern Belle and the Step Brother look really pretty.

7. Romzs says:

“The Guy Who Died But Didn’t Really Die” is gorgeous! I’ve wanted the Muppets one, originally, but when I saw this I knew I have to have this one instead! So witty!

8. Alison M says:

I can’t believe you find these at TJ Maxx. I don’t have one very close by, but I think a trip in that direction is necessary. I would love to try theBalm for such a great price!

9. Kelly says:

I can’t believe you found this at TJ Maxx! Best find ever!

10. Holly says:

oooooo I love the shade called “The Coma Patient”! I was at TJ MAXX this past weekend and I saw the Shady Lady palette but I didn’t pick it up…. *regret*… Love this post! Please follow me on my new beauty blog: ultaismycandystore.blogspot.com

-Holly

LOVE the theme of this palette! The silly soap opera comparisons make it even more of a gem. Quality looks amazing too! Can’t wait to explore this brand more :)

12. Annette says:

I just got back from TJ Maxx and they had the palette!!!! I was sure they either weren’t going to have it or that it was going to be used or broken because I have horrible luck finding makeup there. I’m so excited! I can’t wait to use it tomorrow. :)

13. sudeki says:

lol, i just found mine at marshalls tonight, i saw two there so i bought 2:) maybe i will put one on ebay to sell