I know. *groan* at the title… *grimace* at the thought of long cold months in sweaters. But, fall is in the air. It’s official start is near the end of September, but it’s breathing down my neck and giving me the itch for fall fashion and accessories. So today’s Top 5 Tuesday is going to highlight my must haves for the fall season.
Fall Accessories...in technicolor.
- Colored Handbags: My color of choice this year is teal. Teal everything. Peacock everything. It’s the perfect thing to try and incorporate the season’s “it” color each year without having to break the bank…or if you work in a conservative environment it’s a great way to feel on step with the trends and stay within your dress code.
- Hats: I didn’t use to consider myself a hat person…but when I found this one I knew it would be mine. Grey + hat= fall win.
- Big, Colorful Scarves: I have really become a scarf hoarder over the last year or so. When I see a unique one, I am always drawn to it. The olive/mustard tones in this one immediately drew my attention. Then I discovered it was Cynthia Rowley and swooned. Great bargain find from T.J. Maxx!
Bigger, Darker Earrings
- Metal/Jewel Toned Earrings: I love wearing bigger earrings (not huge, but enough to be noticed). In the fall I really like wearing ones that are metallic or jewel toned. I love a little sparkle, something that catches the light and brightens up my normally darker clothes.
- Long, Layering Necklaces: Regardless of color or style, I love pairing longer necklaces or chains with pretty much every outfit as it gets colder. I layer necklaces now, but I do it much more in the autumn. I love the one with the cute leaves on it too! I find that Forever 21 is a great place to go to find these necklaces because you can get several for such a steal!
The end of the HEAT.
What say you? Are you ready for fall to get here or are you pleading for a few more weeks of summer heat? Also, dish on what your favorite fall accessories are, because I’m nosy like that.