It’s been awhile since I updated the nail polish hauling I have done. The last nail polish swatch-a-thon I did was back in May already…time flies! In case you aren’t aware, I am a pretty big polish fanatic. I change my polish about every other day and love love love sparkle on my tips. Some of the new fall collections have launched and so I thought it might be nice to share some of what I have gotten so far, and what I hauled over the last two months or so.

Teal the end of summer...

Swatches L-R:

Oooh sooo prettyyyyyy

Swatches L-R:

Ready for fall?

Swatches L-R:

Berrie, Berrie Vampy

Swatches L-R:

Le Metier de Beaute!

These are from the Rock ‘N’ Romance Set from Nordstrom’s. The formula on all of these is brilliant.

Swatches L-R:

Did Heat of the Night give you a flash back to another polish? Good, because it did for me too…

Hay BOO!

China Glaze Lubu Heels on left and LMdB Heat of the Night on the right. They both have that black/brown base to them but the shimmer in LMdB is so micronized. It makes it look so different, and gives it a coppery feel (typing that reminded me of David Copperfield) LOL. If you liked Lubu Heels, you will probably want to get your hands on this shade. They aren’t dupes, but I would say they are in the same family somewhere.

Metal Mania

Swatches L-R:

Now I have heard and seen comparisons of Revlon Carbonite and Chanel Graphite…here are some of the photos I snapped to show how similar/different they are.

Indirect Sunlight, Graphite on far left, Carbonite to it's right

L-R: Indoors, Without Flash: Graphite, Carbonite

Normally I don’t do blurred pictures, but when I saw this next photo on my camera screen I thought it really illustrated the true difference in sparkle:

Graphite vs Carbonite Sparkle Factor

My conclusion is that while Carbonite and Graphite are both very similar in initial shade and tone…Graphite’s sparkle factor is about 100x that of Carbonite. The Revlon version is of course a better deal and if the sparkle doesn’t bother you, grab that one. But if you are in the mood to splurge and sparkle is everything…go for the Chanel. I cannot believe I am saying that. I feel like a criminal recommending buying a $25 nail polish.

Who do I look like?

One last comparison for you. At a CCO trip this past July I found MAC Soiree nail polish from the Cham-Pale collection this past winter. It was a “sold out” shade and I never have interest in MAC polishes because of how terribly they perform on me…but CCO prices make it more bearable. I picked it up out of curiosity to see how close it compared to my beloved Orly Rage.

Swatches L-R:

Whew. That was a lot to get through. I hope this helped you find some new polishes for fall or to add to your everyday collection. I am excited for other shades still to come and for winter shades (Christmas nails are always my favorite). What collection for fall has interested you most? Have you picked any up yet?

11 Responses to “Nailing It. Swatch-a-thon 2.0”

1. Sarah says:

Wow!! That’s alot of swatching! They all look great :) Thanks for the post.

Thanks Sarah! It was a lot of work, but I hope it helps everyone decide on some that they might like to try out :D

omg. i basically had a heart attack for this post. good thing you dont do posts like this all the time or else the nail fanatic in me would go broke.

1. LOVE forever dubai. need to find a dupe of this. NEED TO.
    2. the opi sephora glitter + ballet slippers reminded me of the deborah lippman glitter in the air.
    3. i now need power clutch. i love greys. the smokiness of this one looks spectacular.
    4. i had heart palpations just looking at the LMdB polishes. swoooon.
    5. oh…i need to get lubu heels now. hmm i seem to be needing lots of shades…
    and lastly 6. i just got revlon carbonite. i wish it was as sparkly as graphite!! man. still havent splurged on a chanel polish. but i will someday….someday!

ok i think that is all i have to say :P

KELLY! I *knew* you would love this post, I just knew it! I will check my stash for dupes this weekend and twitpic what I come up with ;) It is a stunning pink! It reminded me of Glitter in the Air too! I 100% agree on Power Clutch! The LMdB polishes really are something. That holo…..! Lubu Heels is a nice fall shade. I think you’d like it. I don’t know if it’s worth splurging on Chanel. TBH, the formula is lacking. It chips…very easily! I was so unimpressed that the most expensive polish I own is not the best formula I own…not even in the top 5. Booo!! Stick with Carbonite and add some sparkle to it with a top coat.

3. ShannoninBC says:

Thanks for all the swatching, great pics :) I’ve had Chanel polishes before and just haven’t been that impressed for the expense…but it’s hard to refrain! Definitely need to get Orly Rage…tho I tend to try and avoid sparkles since it’s hellacious to remove, grrr. Oh, btw…if you’re ever in the need for another Canadian to do swaps with, hit me up! I can get at those Joe Fresh items you like so much :D

Thanks Shannon! So far I’m not impressed either…it chipped within two days. I have $4 polish that lasts longer than that. The color is super pretty, but I doubt I will make a habit of purchasing when the formula doesn’t hold up to the price.

OMG! Thanks so much for the offer! You will definitely hear from me soon! :D

4. so gorgeous! i love the nordstrom collection especially

5. Alison M says:

I don’t have much time to paint, remove, and repaint but I love having color on my toes at least and change it every 10 days or so when it starts to look worn. Loving Revlon’s Carbonite (I’m a shimmer rather than sparkle kind of girl). And lately I’ve been sporting a color similar to Essie’s Carry-on, but also picked up a fun slate color recently. Holy swatching, how much polish remover did you have to go through?!

LOL! Not *too* much! Yeah, I like to get my nail swatches all done in one batch. It’s kind of fun to see how what shades I have picked up and the variety over a certain length of time.

6. Delyteful Speaks says:

Wow factor loooks amaaaazing!

Girl it must;ve taken you forever to get this post done! Great job!