Happy Sunday ladies! I am having a great weekend so far. I have gotten everything (almost) off of my to-do list, got to shop for makeup yesterday (and incidentally got to swatch the new MAC Me Over collection that releases this week, take a look at my yfrog feed here to see those shots) and am getting plenty of R&R. I hope this weekend is fairing equally wonderful for all of you!
Have you met theBalm yet? I haven’t had a lot of experience with their products, but what I have tried so far I have really liked. For instance, theBalmbini palette I bought last year was a total smash hit. Having seen Temptalia’s recent post on the Meet Matte palette, I decided to try and hunt it down. I found it, and it’s really a nice palette for fall.
Not necessarily your typical matte shadows either. There is the predictable light beige, nude and brown…but the rest of the shades surprised me. I think it’s cute how they named the shadows after Matts, as a play on words.
Below are swatches, without primer, in natural sunlight.
Typical everyday neutral matte shades, all are soft and glide on easily and not patchy. Matt Gallagher reminds me of Naked from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I haven’t swatched them side by side so I don’t know if they are all that similar or not.
I do have to say that Matt McDonald isn’t really a true matte. It is a satin finish to me. I’m not bother because it has a nice dimension and isn’t over the top with shimmer. But, just from looking at this picture you can see it isn’t really like the other shades for some reason. Matt Horowitz kind of reminds me of Parisian Skies from the MAC Blogger’s Obsessions collection. I will have to swatch and see how close they are
My two favorite shades have to be Matt Batali and Matt Schilling. These will be great to use this fall! This palette is really quite nice and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the shades as I swatched them. This isn’t a full review, of course because I only just bought this and haven’t even had time to really play with it yet.
I also picked up the new(er) blush called Frat Boy. Upon opening it I was immediately reminded of another blush that came out recently…
Side by side they didn’t look as similar as I had initially thought, but still *kind* of close.
Which one you choose would depend on the color you are looking for. Stila’s version is more pigmented and more coral while Frat Boy is definitely more peach and less intense. Both are smooth and soft finishes. Stila’s also has a tiny bit of shimmer throughout that you can detect slightly here. Mostly you can only see it in the pan and it doesn’t fully translate to the skin. Overall, I would pick the Stila blush over Frat Boy just because I like the color a little better.
Annnnnd…..because I wanted to give back to my readers (you will see another giveaway come up in the next day or two as well) and because I wanted to celebrate 400 followers on Twitter….a giveaway! I bought these myself, this giveaway is not sponsored by anyone but me! The Meet Matte palette is perfect for fall and I thought the Down Boy blush would be a great compliment to it.
- (1) theBalm Meet Matte Eyeshadow Palette
- (1) theBalm Down Boy Blush
- 1 winner chosen by me (at random) will receive the prize pictured above.
- You must be a public follower on Google Friend Connect.
- You must leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite matte eyeshadow is right now. If you fail to leave your answer in the comment you will be disqualified. Please also leave your Google Friend Connect name, twitter handle and Facebook name (if you choose to do the extra entries) in the comment.
- For (1) extra entry you can follow me on twitter @bloominbeauty5 and RT the following: “Follow @Bloominbeauty5 and RT to win theBalm goodies, including the Meet Matte palette http://tinyurl.com/3hucmre.”
- For (1) extra entry you can “Like” Bloomin’ Beauty Blog on facebook and comment on the wall letting me know which item you are most excited to try.
- Giveaway is open internationally.
- Giveaway starts Sunday August 21st at 10AM CST and ends on Wednesday August 31st at 11:59PM CST.
- Winner will be contacted by email and will have 72 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
Thanks again for making this so much fun ladies, good luck to all of you!
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Jessica from Getting Cheeky for winning the giveaway, and thank you all for entering!