TGIF! I don’t know about you, but I am SO ready for the weekend to kick off! Not that I have any grand plans (finally) but I do have plans for a lot of relaxxxing and outdoorsy type things. I need to enjoy the summer sun while it’s still here (the cicadas and crickets are reminding me of close we are to September).
Simple makeup will be the recipe for this weekends routine. Once again, I have Tarte to thank for such an easy, glowy look. In late June Tarte offered another TSV (Today’s Special Value) for pre-order on QVC. After loving the first kit (8th World Wonder and the second set) I jumped at the opportunity to snatch up another auto-delivery. This time the items are different but still include my fav: the Amazonian Clay Blush. Score!
What this kit comes with:
- Patent purple makeup bag: Very roomy. Cute, but not my favorite.
- Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful: One of the few Tarte clay blushes that has a sheen/shimmer. It is a gorgeous peachy pink and super glowy.
- Blush Brush: Works so well with the clay blushes and is very soft. It is kind of flat for a blush brush, but it reminds me slightly of the NARS Yachiyo. It applies blush evenly and without much effort.
- Cream Shadow Brush: This reminds me of a concealer brush in it’s shade and it is synthetic. I already had this exact brush and I liked the one I already had. It works well with the cream shadows.
- EmpasEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Shadow in Shimmering Taupe: I already reviewed the other shades of this I have here, and this formula is the same, only a beautiful taupe color (one of my favorite eyeshadow shades ever!).
- SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof liner in Fig: I have used this so much. It doesn’t budge and it is the perfect plummy brown. I love the smudger tip on the other end and use this on the lower lashline almost every time I use it. Also included is a sharpener for it, super handy.
- Maracuja Creaseless Concealer: Brand new for this kit and not out on it’s own yet. I already reviewed this on it’s own here. It is a very nice concealer, but needs to be properly warmed on the back of your hand first. I have the medium shade. I *believe* this is releasing on it’s own in September on QVC.
- LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Sweet: A gorgeous shade and wonderful product. I know own several shades of this. I love the minty smell and the non-sticky feel of this gloss-lipstick hybrid.
- Maracuja Oil Deluxe Sample: A huge portion of the Maracuja Oil. This is actually a great product. At first I scoffed at adding more oil to my already combination/oily skin, but it really softens my face. I love the packaging!
*This kit also came with a deluxe sample of Park Ave Princess bronzer, but I already had that, so I shared it with a friend That’s why it’s not featured here.
Everything is stunning! I couldn’t be happier. I believe you can still get this set on QVC, though not in the auto-delivery anymore. The next two sets look gorgeous as well (see them here). They come out in October and January. What I love about the Auto-Delivery option is that each kit comes with new colors…which means new blush, lipstick, liner and cream shadow colors! Plus, the brushes and bags in each set are different. I snagged this for around $55 with shipping. For all full sized products, this is an INCREDIBLE deal. Another plus about these sets is you get access to shades that aren’t released anywhere else (including subsequent deliveries).
I used all the items in this kit, plus the Tarte Clay Foundation in medium and Tarte Lights! Camera! Lashes! mascara. I bought everything myself, and it was money well spent!
How do you feel about auto-delivery sets? Have you ever purchased one? If not, you might want to re-think the next time Tarte does a set like this!