I liked the Top 5 TAG from last week so much that I wanted to make it a regular feature….introducing: Top 5 Tuesday!

For the first entry, I wanted to share my top five summer beauty picks for this summer. While I realize we still have a month of summer left officially, with the fall collections popping up all over it’s beginning to look like autumn already!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy and Flush

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy. My love for this blush formula and color truly blossomed this summer. So much so that it has become my all time favorite formula for powder blushes! There are so many things to like about this blush, they are long lasting, gorgeous shades to choose from, and tarte is cruelty free :D

17 Mirror Shine Lipsticks. A love born from swapping with the amazing H of 25fLondon. You can see my swatches of the shades I own here. I love the texture of them, like silk. They are smooth, semi-sheer to sheer lipstick-lipgloss hybrids and unfortunately aren’t available in the States. So find yourself a good swap partner in the UK and get your hands on these! All of these are the same price as 1 Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and I like these WAY more.

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. There isn’t a lot I can say about this bronzer that I haven’t already said, or that another wonderful blogger hasn’t pointed out. I LOVE the smell of this product. It wins the category of best smelling makeup product ever for me. Seriously. Also, cream bronzers and I were having a love affair this summer. :D

Cream Eyeshadows

Cream/Pencil Eyeshadows.  These dominated and continue to dominate my eyes. Easy to apply, last all day, multitude of colors…what more could you ask for? Oh, the fact that they are waterproof? Done. I have added more to my collection recently; you will be seeing those soon. I also enjoyed the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense creams (here and here). But mostly, my favorites were ones that came in pencil form like Mally, Urban Decay and Sephora.

Shadows featured, left to right: Mally Beauty Shadow Stick Champagne, Sephora 12 hour Shadow Pencil in Kaki, Urban Decay 24-7 Shadow Pencil in Lit, Mally Beauty Shadow Stick in Dusk*, Mally Beauty Shadow Stick in Deep Plum*, BareMinerals Prime Time in Sundance, Urban Decay 24-7 Shadow Pencil in Rehab, Mally Beauty Shadow Stick in Platinum*

Sephora by OPI Go With the Flow-er

Sephora by OPI Go With the Flow-er. If I had to pick one polish that I wore on my fingers and toes the most, it would be this shade. It’s so sparkly in the sunlight too! I even bought bottles of this shade for some friends of mine, and the consensus was clear: Loved by all.

Top 5 Tuesdays: A great way to feature five of my favorites of any given topic/category. Want to suggest a Top 5? Email me Danielle@bloominbeautyblog.com Want to do the same Top 5 I featured? Make sure to send me your link so I can check it out! :)

25 Responses to “Top 5 Tuesday: Summer Beauty Picks”

Love that you’ve decided to make this a weekly thing! Such a great idea! =D

*sigh* Just another reminder that I need to own Soleil Tan de Chanel…

2. Kelly says:

I agree with Kayla . . . eventually I need to get the soleil tan de chanel! These are great products – I’ve been loving cream shadows too!

You won’t be disappointed with it. The texture and smell is lovely. I have had it since January and have so much left still! It’s a hefty price tag, but worth it to me!

3. Jenn says:

I love everything!

4. Love the idea of this as a weekly themed post. I am obsessed with Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Blushes, particularly the shade Tipsy. Flush is not a shade I really considered before, but your picture is making me reconsider! And I am simply drooling over Chanel Soliel de Chanel- do you think it is a good product for those with oily prone skin?

Hi Krystal!
      I think the chanel does work with oily skin. I suffer from combination skin and it works great for me. It isn’t greasy…it’s a firm cream and has a lovely scent! Flush is a great shade, it’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you like brighter blushes you should check it out.

5. G A B Y says:

The Tarte blush in Tipsy looks gorgeous! Wish we had those 17 Mirror Shine Lipsticks here in Canada, I want Beehive so bad! I’ve heard a lot about Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel, looks gorgeous (:

Ugh, I know Gaby! I had to swap with someone in the UK to get them. They really should sell them online internationally! Tipsy is one of my favorite blushes ever!

umm ok i think i need that khaki cream shadow. i knew i shoulda got it when i was at sephora! boo. and go with the flow-er is gorgeous! i remember you raving about this color. you should do your top 5 eye shadows! that should be a feat. :)

Great idea Kelly! I think I will, but boy…it will be TOUGH! Go With The Flow-er and Kaki are two stand out products from Sephora. Love them both!

ahhh you make me bang out that bronzer and you have so many mirror shines (jealous!!)

Love the brights! I’m really having a cream eyeshadow moment, too – I’ve been using Buxom Stay There in Mutt pretty often.

ooh! I will need to check out that shade next time I am at Sephora! I recently picked up Pug and Collie, they are wonderful shadows for sure!

9. Loving the Tarte Blushes as well! They definitely are the longest lasting blushes I own.

10. Sabrina says:

love this post! I really want to try the Tarte blush but I’ve been talking myself out of it. Flush looks amazing

11. Yu says:

I really want to try some of these Tarte blushers! And I still need to get my hands on the Chanel bronzer.. I’m so behind! :P

Ahh Yu! I cannot believe the hassle the Chanel bronzer has put you through! I hope you can find it someday soon! :) YES! The tarte blushes are reall *all that*

12. Alex says:

You and your tarte blushes! I’ll definitely be getting a few when I hit up Sephora next weekend.

13. […] Bethany Brewer is a freelancer writer and a New York native. Some of her work about beauty schools in New York has been featured in a few New York beauty publications. When Bethany is not writing, she is spending time with family and friends, offline. Bethany, our guest author today, wrote this article for all women who are trying to survive this hot…/font> […]