28. 07. 2011

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that lately I am all sorts of obsessed with red. A color that I quite frankly used to be scared of and had no interest in wearing makeup or having my hair in-hued in that shade. Now, silly me, I have done both. Baby steps, though, baby steps….

Tarte for True Blood

Now, I need to add a little disclosure here saying a few things: 1- I have never seen a full episode of True Blood (shock! horror!) 2- I have never been a huge Tarte Cheek Stain fan (only 1 has impressed me so far..Eco Cheek). 3- Red normally scares me

Ok, with that said, on to the good stuff. First of all, the Tarte LipSurgence formula is brilliant. I have another shade in Sweet and it is with me at all times. I favor it over other shiny lipsticks because it’s not sticky and has a nice minty smell (not tingly on me though). I bet y’all want to see some swatches sooo…

L-R: Tarte for True Blood LipSurgence and Tarte for True Blood Glamour Me Cheek Stain

You will notice glitter in this cheek stain. When I first opened the tube I was shocked by it’s glittertastic-ness. And for me, glitter on cheeks (unless clubbing) is a no-no. Upon swatching directly from the tube, quite a bit of the glitter translated onto the skin. I was getting worried that this totally wouldn’t work for me. Then, after using a stipple brush to apply it on the swatch, I got what you see above. You will see in the following photos that the glitter is hard to detect on my cheeks when I applied it this way. Can you see sparkle on my cheeks in person? Only when I put my face about 6 inches from a mirror and tilt my head side to side. And even then, it’s not like chunks of glitter. So, I was able to make it work. This stain is different in formula from others I have tried…it’s very similar to eco-cheek in texture making it less greasy and more pigmented.

The LipSurgence speaks for itself. It’s gorgeous, applies smoothly and acts like a stain on my lips, lasting 4+hours. It’s the least drying “stain” I have ever come across.

Not-so-scary red lips!

Where's the glitter at, yo?

I <3 red

And of course, I had to show you all a pic of my new red highlights…. kinda hard to capture on film, but here goes:

Red, She Said!

Have any of you stepped out of your comfort zone and visited with Madam Red lately? Or was red in your regular line up already? Share some of your favorite red for lips, cheeks, nails….!

*The products mentioned in this post were provided for consideration only by PR. Feel free to read my disclosure policy.

23 Responses to “Red, She Said.”

1. Miss Tapia says:

Very nice colors. Your lips look so pretty!

Thank you dear! I felt like this made my lips look bigger than they are, because my lips are pretty small!

2. Aseya says:

I really wanna try those! I like the red streaks, it gives your blonde a lot of warmth :) I became a (bright!) red head in April, but I recently went back to my natural color. I kinda miss it, even though it was super hard to get used to at first!

I saw your pics Aseya and you looked gorg in red! But I can imagine it would be a *little* unnerving at first. I want to try going more strawberry blonde/auburn when we approach fall!

I love these and your highlights look GORGEOUS! I think I’m going to add a little red to my hair when it gets cooler outside. =)

4. Sabrina says:

I received my cheek stain too but I haven’t opened it yet. Looks gorg on you though

Thanks girl! Yes, crack it open. I want to see your FOTD, and I know I’ll be jealous because your FOTDs are always so amazing!

5. Gorgeous lipstick on you x

You can totally see the red! Great colour on you. :)

7. Amy says:

gorgeous lip color. it doesn’t look like a true red color. I want these and the palette so bad. by the way I don’t watch True Blood either but i’m a huge tarte fan

Amy- oh, thank goodness I’m not the only one. I know, tarte is such a stellar brand and I have been into them a lot this year.

8. I’m a sucker for anything True Blood but was a bit worried about the glitter in the cheek stain, good to know it doesn’t really show up though :D

;) Yeah, working with it a little bit more really helps get rid of the glitter. When I first swatched it i was like “Woah!” ha ha. But using the stippling brush really helped.

9. Susan says:

I was looking at the cheek stain on Sephora’s website, and I had no clue it had glitter! It does look gorgeous though… and now I think I want the lip stain too!!

I know, it totally didn’t look like it when I saw pictures either! The lipstain is tops, it’s a great formula!

10. Love the red streaks!! They look great!!
    I’m glad you got that cheek stain to work for you-I just can’t stand any glitter on my cheeks at all! It looks lovely on you!

Thanks Tracy! I know, shimmer/glitter is definitely not for everyone and I’d be lying if I didn’t say it took a little more work to use than my usual powder blushes. But the result was worth it in the end ;)

11. When I saw the swatch of the blush I was like o_O that glitter is glittery! =P

But it’s good you can’t detect it on the cheeks.. And girl red lips look so beautiful on you!! Great hair too! I like how subtle the highlight are!

12. Aline says:

j’aime beaucoup ^^

13. Sudhaa Gopinath says:

This shade looks lovely on your lips!!!