09. 07. 2011

Ahh, don’t you just love the weekends? Or if you work weekends, your days off? The days when you don’t have to get ready for anything in particular and can pretty much just veg until you are so moved to get up and about. On days like that, I tend to sport the no makeup look. And I don’t mean the no makeup looks like Lisa Eldridge and Sam from Pixiwoo have shown on Youtube recently. I mean ZERO makeup. Moisturizer and chapstick kind of no makeup. The results? Me being brave and showing you my nekkid face….

Aggghh! Nekkid face, not a stitich of makeup, unedited photo!

There was a time (try yesterday) when I would never have wanted to post a picture of myself sans any makeup on my blog. It’s not that I don’t go out in public this way, believe me, I do. I mean, who cares what I look like when I’m thumping watermelons and sampling grapes (tell me the fruit section of grocery store isn’t the most fun place…other than the ice cream section)? But, suddenly, I just changed my mind. I don’t know what made me change my mind or if something just clicked for me, but here I am, au natural. :)

And, what I looked like tonight before dinner (the boy treated me to a lovely night out)…..

All made up!

a view of the eyes...

Product Rundown:

Face:

Eyes:

Lips:

A special thank you to Tiffany from Will Work For Makeup who blazed the trail before me in posting her own naked face several months ago :)

How do you ladies feel about going au natural in public or on your blog?

28 Responses to “Being Brave & a FOTN.”

1. Kia says:

I wish my natural face looked as good as yours *sigh*

Mwah, thanks love! I bet your natural face looks lovely! We are always harder on ourselves than others are for sure ;D

2. You look gorgeous with or without makeup. I on the other hand, look super tired without makeup! lol!

Aww, thanks for saying that! Makes a girl feel good! I feel like I look tired too without concealer! I bet you look beautiful without it!

3. Ebru says:

You look gorgeous without any makeup Danielle! You don’t even need makeup lady, your skin looks very clear to begin with! I can’t lie, I don’t like leaving the house without makeup but there are days I do because I am too lazy to put makeup on or it’s just too hot outside and if it’s during the day anyway my huge sunglasses cover 75% of my face so who cares! :) I’ll definitely show my naked face on my blog one day!

Mwah, you are so sweet girl! ;) I can’t say I am 100% comfortable with it, but I do it anyway for the same reason..too lazy..or wanting my skin to have a breather! I am way harder on myself than anyone else is! lol. I can’t wait to see it when you do, I’m sure it’ll be just as lovely!

4. Betty says:

You have gorgeous skin! I like to at least use concealer around my eyes, I have very dark circles and they make me look so tired, but that’s only when I get super lazy to put makeup on.

I love them both! This might sound weird, but our “nekkid” skin is very similar! I’ve posted my bare face before, but never in such high quality! lol ;)

6. Jo says:

Glad you were radiating beauty afterall so i didn’t have to feel like a dumbass! Look at you and your lovely skin and visible lashes (jealous) ;) Honestly you look just lovely without makeup.

I can’t imagine ever showing my face without makeup online – i struggle to go to the gym without it (not a full face, just mascara and undereye concealer) but i am getting there! xx

You are still too sweet Jo! ;) Thanks for making a girl feel good! I know what you mean…mascara and concealer definitely make me more comfortable!

7. Sabrina says:

Gorgeous either way in my humble opinion! :-)

8. Girl you’re beautiful! Like I told you before, you have lovely skin.. And you don’t even need that much makeup to begin with.. Love those no makeup days.. I feel that my skin can actually breaaaathe! =P

You’re so brave for baring it.. Well done hun..

9. Alex says:

Both looks are gorgeous! Way to be brave! You’ve got me thinking of potentially doing this kind of post soon…

ahhh you have such clear skin. lucky :)

Thanks Kelly! Yeah, I am pretty blessed in the clear skin department, but I do still get a spot now and then ;)

I wish I looked that good without makeup! Love the FOTN as well! =)

wow when I saw the FOTD I was like WAT IS ON HER EYES!!! WnW!!! surprised! it looks AMAZING on u dear. All the shimmery products are nice but they are enhanced by ur beautiful natural glow that u can see in the 1st bare all photo ;)

13. Tiffany says:

Honestly, Danielle, I’m not even just saying this to say it, but you still look really beautiful without a stitch of makeup on. I really love the lip combo you put on later though :)

Thanks Tiffany! ;) And thanks for being yet another inspiration to me!!! I actually quite like it too, not sure why I grabbed what I did, but it ended up working nicely!

It’s so unfair how good you look without makeup. WAAAAHHH. Seriously, so good!

Love this FOTD! So natural. So close to how I do my own makeup. Guess we have great taste, eh? HAHAHA. :)

15. Jenny says:

You’re beautiful without makeup!!! I hope you know that!!! P.S. I like your blog! :)