Hi ladies! If you’ve read my blog before or follow me on Twitter, you know that I have a particular obsession with all things Amazonian Clay from tarte. Tarte has really impressed me all year long and I have enjoyed every purchase I have made. And so, it is with that sentiment in mind that I share with you my collection of the tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. I am only missing one shade at the moment, Blissful! Hopefully, it will be mine soon.

A Bag of Blushy Goodness

L-R: Dollface*, Tipsy, Amused, Natural Beauty

All of these are in the permanent line. Dollface is a lovely light pink and is matte. I didn’t think this shade would show up on me, but it’s surprisingly natural and a perfect pink cheek. My love for Tipsy is no secret, as I have posted about it before. Amused is a medium pink that is deeper than Dollface but equally gorgeous and unique. Natural Beauty is a red-pink that creates a nice “5 mile run” blush on my cheeks that I really love.

L-R: Dollface*, Tipsy, Amused, Natural Beauty

I know my skin looks lighter here, and it must have been the angle of the sun and my camera. Regardless, the swatches are accurate and true to color :)

L-R: Exposed*, Blushing Bride, Flush

Exposed is probably the best and most natural nude blush I own. Blushing Bride is one of the few that contain sparkle, but it’s subtle and not glittery. Swatched, it’s a fine shimmer. I think this might be similar to NARS blush in Sin. I can’t say for sure, because I don’t own it. Flush is nice purpley-pink shade that is matte and smooth. I think all three of these are great for fall too.

L-R: Exposed*, Blushing Bride, Flush

L-R: Tickled, Adored, Glisten, Peaceful

These four shades are (or were) sadly only available in special sets. Tickled is a coral-red shade and is matte and was included in the 2nd delivery of the 8th World Wonder set from QVC. Adored was available in a Sephora exclusive set earlier this year. It reminds me of what NARS Angelika might be like because it contains the same kind of sparkle. Again, not overly dramatic. Glisten came from the first 8th World Wonder delivery from QVC and is a favorite. It’s a great peachy-pink with gold sheen. It might be similar to NARS Orgasm or Deep Throat. Peaceful is from the most recent set, still available on QVC and will be featured as a Today’s Special Value this weekend. It is peachier than Glisten, but also has a golden sheen. It also lacks the pink undertone of Glisten. You can pre-order this set now via Auto-Delivery (search item #A219234) or one kit (search item #A218483). I think the kits are a great deal, and I love the auto-delivery option because you get new shades each season. I can’t wait for the fall versions of both kits!

L-R: Peaceful, Glisten, Adored, Tickled

Bottom Line:

What shades do you have your eye on? Have you picked any up, and if you have, which ones are your favorites?

*the items starred were provided for consideration by PR. The rest I purchased myself.

48 Responses to “My.Favorite.Blush.Period.”

Peaceful, Glisten, Exposed, and Blushing Bride are toooooooooo pretty!!!!!! i def need to collect more!!! i only have 1 at the moment but its great!!! Tarte did a great job on this product and i def give the thumbs up! Great swatches. Favorite blushes, period? That is QUITE a statement for you!!!! so it must mean they are PHENOMENAL!!

Yes! It is, and a tested them for a good long time before coming to that conclusion. Needed to make sure! The shade range is gorg, and I hope they continue making more. Can’t wait to see which you pick out!

2. JC says:

Ahhhh I’ve been eyeing these for at least three months now but these are the best swatches I’ve seen in one place. Tipsy, Natural Beauty, and all four in the last swatch photo are tugging on my heartstrings. DO. WANT.

Excellent post as usual, love. Amazing swatches. As an oily skin owner myself, perhaps I *should* invest in a couple before I go on my spending ban.

I know! It’s sooo hard to choose a shade, obvious by the fact that I’ve near chosen them all! I know, my oily skin usually eats blush by mid-day, but not with this formula! You must do a post if you decide to get some!

3. eve says:

i want tipsy and glisten! soo pretty!
    omg u have almost all of them!
    my blush never last on me too, i really hsud ty this out!

Hi Eve! I know, it was too hard to choose a shade, so I had to get them (almost) all. Yes Tipsy and Glisten are probably my two favorites! These definitely last much longer on me than most other powder blushes I own.

Ahhh you have so many! I only have Dollface and Blissful, but think I need them all. I love the look of Exposed. Do you have NARS Douceur? I think they might be similar, but Douceur doesn’t last all day on me.

I know, I am a total blush fiend. But, the shades were all so gorg, and the formula hasn’t let me down…so I figured why not? I am sure you saw my twitpic of Douceur vs. Exposed. Exposed is more pink than Douceur, but formula is way better.

5. Ashley says:

I’m glad Tickled, Adored, Glisten & Peaceful are LE products..
    I see that they have a hint of shimmer in them & I’ve recently stopped buying shimmery blushes. At least now I have four less Tarte blushes on my wishlist & my wallet will take less abuse too :P

Hi Ashley!
      I know, I feel the same way about some shimmery blushes. Sometimes it’s too much and over the top for me. These aren’t so bad. But it’s definitely a personal preference thing, which is why I am glad they offer plenty of matte shades too :)

6. Lovely collection! I have yet to try them, but I hear soooo many great things about them! :)

7. annie says:

Wow, I flat out NEED Exposed. Like NEED it. I’ve been looking for a blush in that color for a while. Thanks for the very useful swatches and review!

Thanks Annie! yay! Glad to unite you with a color you’ve been looking for! Enjoy it, it’s a great shade!

8. Julianne says:

I had heard so many raves on these blushes that I just had to buy one. I chose Exposed and just love it!!…it’s unique from the other blush shades in my collection & gives my skin a healthy & radiant look, so that makes me happy. :)

Julianne- oh I’m so glad you tried them! Exposed is really a nice universal/everyday shade. The formula is tops! :)

9. Rai says:

I want to get a few more of these! Nice swatches. ;)

10. Kelly says:

These look fantastic! Tipsy and Exposed are the first ones on my list!

11. Tipsy is my favorite blush, and I am so eager to get may hands on more of these blushes! I am simply drooooling at your collection! I really believe in tarte as a company too- I love that they are paraben free and most of their products are vegan and free of synthetic preservatives and chemicals.

Krystal- Thanks! Yeah, Tipsy was one of the first I bought. I too like that tarte is a natural brand. I think that’s why my skin agrees with these clay products so much!

12. Oh girl you’re killin me!! I’ve been wanting to try these blushes for too long!! That’s it! I’m soooo ordering Tipsy and Exposed!! Tickled looks amaazing but too bad that’s it’s LM…

Loved your swatches.. Very helpful.. Thank you for that..

Amazing post!!

Aww, thanks dear! You are too sweet ;)
      Yeah, Tipsy and Exposed are definitely at the top for me too! Can’t wait to hear what you think of them :)

13. Lisa says:

Totally agree with you on Tipsy! Looks gorgeous! But then they ALL do haha. I’d better invest in a couple (for experimentation purposes obviously hehe) xx

I keep looking at these because you rave about them so much, but I haven’t bought one yet. I think it’s because all of the colors are so pretty that I can’t decide on which to try first! I really need to just dive in!

15. 25FLONDON says:

Slight regret that I didn’t get Exposed now! I think I might have to save my pennies & get a few, & the powder!

Definitely! The formula on this blush is my fav. I just like the fact that I know when I put it on in the morning it will still be there when I get home from work! :) Let me know if and when you want to order some!

ahh i should have known tarte was your favorite :P a lot of colors so look similar to nars shades though, i agree (but cant tell for sure too!) you make me want to get more than just tipsy!

Ha! Yes, it is my favorite, for sure. It was hard to make that call but the performance puts this above the rest of my collection. I can use creams and powders to make other blushes last longer…but why bother when this does it on it’s own? Hope you try these out, you won’t regret it :)

17. Alex says:

WOW! You’ve officially convinced me that I can no longer live without one of these! May just order the QVC kit as Peaceful looks gorgeous. I have oily skin and the same issue with blush being gone by like noon so these will be perfect.

Thanks Alex, that QVC kit is a great value. You get to try so many things in addition to the blush. These blushes perform like champs on my oily skin for sure!

18. WitchHazel says:

What a gorgeous collection! I’ve been dying to try one of these out but now I don’t even know which one to pick first ;p

Aww, thanks! That was my trouble too! I would start with Tipsy, Exposed or Natural Beauty as I think those are all pretty universal. :)

19. I really want Exposed, Blissful and Tipsy :)

20. Farah says:

oh mah gah I NEED Glisten *O.o*

21. Amy says:

best blushes ever!

22. I absolutely love these blushes too…they are wonderful!! I own Exposed, Blissful and Tipsy, and I’m so glad I invested in them!

Me too! These are hands down some of the best blushes out on the market, if not the best I’ve ever tried!

23. […] it’s Tarte’s Amazonian clay blushes!!! You can see my swatches and review of the line here. I chose the colors Dollface and Flush because I know a lot of ladies out there have already […]

Awesome review! Totally jealous of your collection, I want them all!

25. Kristen says:

thanks for sharing this. It was really helpful for me. I have 4 of the Tarte 12 hour blushes and love them. Looking to get Natural Beauty next :)