Happy first week of summer! Though, for me it’s been rainy and cloudy every day with no end in sight. Hoping that will change very soon! In the mean time, I am still enjoying bringing out all my summer clothes and jewelry.
Speaking of summer, I’m all about easy makeup. I don’t want to have to think too hard about it most days, and other days it’s too hot to even bother with something elaborate. Enter Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Instense shadows.I have already reviewed two other shades here, but today I’ve got Khaki Pulse!
I swooned over this shade when I saw it on Temptalia several weeks ago, immediately knowing it would someday be mine. I am pretty set with the Eyes to Kill shades I want for now…unless they release more colors down the line
This is a gorgeous khaki bronze and I love the way it looks in the pan.
Above, I am comparing it with Laura Mercier’s Black Karat. Definitely not dupes. Laura Mercier is definitely more green and less bronze than Khaki Pulse. Khaki Pulse is a unique blend of khaki, brown and gold. It’s sparkly without being gritty or glittery and I don’t experience fall out with it (this may be a brush issue if you do experience fall out with these). It glides on like buttah and is instantly intense, though you can sheer it out as well. This as well as my other Eyes to Kill shades last all day on me and don’t crease, with or without primer. They aren’t exactly a bargain at $32 each, but if you like sparkly creamy/intense shadows that don’t budge, these fit the bill perfectly
- MAC Studio Sculpt NC37+ Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation Medium
- Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer palette
- NARS Luster Blush
- ELF Radiance Enhancer pen in Golden (cheekbones) (I have swatches of all the new Radiance Enhancers here)
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Bronze (all over)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion original
- Milani Drenched in Gold Baked Eyeshadow (inner corner and lid)
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense in Khaki Pulse (crease/outer corner and lower lashline)
- Laura Mercier Black Karat Baked Shadow (as upper liner)
- Urban Decay 24-7 pencil in Mildew (outer half of waterline)
- Anastasia Brow kit
- Maybelline Lash Discovery (lower lashes)
- Lancome Hypnose Drama (upper lashes)
- ELF Matte Lip Color in Coral
- Jemma Kidd Gloss in Coral (lightly dabbed over)
Overall, the Eyes to Kill have been standouts for me so far. I realize that they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, and that they are quite pricey. But I enjoy using them immensely and hope they release other shades in the future.
What’s your go-to khaki shadow? Or do you find khaki shadows don’t suit you? Do tell!