Happy first week of summer! Though, for me it’s been rainy and cloudy every day with no end in sight. Hoping that will change very soon! In the mean time, I am still enjoying bringing out all my summer clothes and jewelry.

Speaking of summer, I’m all about easy makeup. I don’t want to have to think too hard about it most days, and other days it’s too hot to even bother with something elaborate. Enter Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Instense shadows.I have already reviewed two other shades here, but today I’ve got Khaki Pulse!

Giorgio Armani Khaki Pulse

I swooned over this shade when I saw it on Temptalia several weeks ago, immediately knowing it would someday be mine. I am pretty set with the Eyes to Kill shades I want for now…unless they release more colors down the line :)

This is a gorgeous khaki bronze and I love the way it looks in the pan.

L-R Laura Mercier Black Karat vs GA Khaki Pulse

Above, I am comparing it with Laura Mercier’s Black Karat. Definitely not dupes. Laura Mercier is definitely more green and less bronze than Khaki Pulse. Khaki Pulse is a unique blend of khaki, brown and gold. It’s sparkly without being gritty or glittery and I don’t experience fall out with it (this may be a brush issue if you do experience fall out with these). It glides on like buttah and is instantly intense, though you can sheer it out as well. This as well as my other Eyes to Kill shades last all day on me and don’t crease, with or without primer. They aren’t exactly a bargain at $32 each, but if you like sparkly creamy/intense shadows that don’t budge, these fit the bill perfectly :)

Wearing Khaki Pulse

Wearing Khaki Pulse

Khaki Pulse FOTD

Makeup Breakdown:

Face:

Eyes:

Lips:

Overall, the Eyes to Kill have been standouts for me so far. I realize that they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, and that they are quite pricey. But I enjoy using them immensely and hope they release other shades in the future.

What’s your go-to khaki shadow? Or do you find khaki shadows don’t suit you? Do tell!

24 Responses to “Giorgio Armani: Khaki Done Right.”

Oh I love this! Such a gorgeous colour, and I love the FOTD as well! That Milani gold really caught my eye. So pretty!

2. annie says:

Pretty! I find khakis suit blondes so well! I don’t find the color suits me (especially since I have blue eyes). However, my go to khaki is MAC’s Mink & Sable, if I’m really looking for a greenish eye. Doesn’t happen often though!

Thanks Annie! I will definitely check out that MAC shade. I know what you mean, I rarely reach for blues for the same reason, but on blue/green eyes ladies it looks amazing!

SO GORGEOUS! This was one of the ETK Intense shadows I was willing to pass on … until you did this!

I’m also dying for the beautiful jade color.

4. O my, that shade is beyond gorgeous – looks great in your FOTD photo too!!

The first things on my list after P10P it assured for weeks – ARMANI EYES TO KILL everyone has been raving abt them, and they must also be mine!!! Luster looks amazing on you!!! I dont own many khaki shadows, but my go to “khacki” Palette is my Edward Bess Palette in Soft Smoke which I should review soon! – Shoot just realized these are greys…ok no khacki’s in my collection really, this Armani might be the first!!

Ahh, yes, we need to get you some khaki shades girl, STAT. After P10P of course. Knowing you, you are already halfway done ;)

6. Bailey says:

That colour is gorgeous! And it looks great on you as well. Really makes your brown eyes pop.

Aww, thanks Bailey! I love bronzey-green shades. I think they are flattering on so many eyes and skin tones.

7. Laura says:

Gorgeous FOTD! I’m happy khaki seems to be the new IT color.

Hi Laura- Thanks so much for saying that ;) Yes, Khaki is amazing and I love it. Have you used any khaki’s this spring/summer…what’s your favorite?

8. Aseya says:

OMG that eyeshadow is gorgeous!! It looks great on you! That lip combo looks great on you too :)

Thanks Aseya! Have you tried any of the eyes to kill intense shades or swatched them in stores? I love the feeling of them!

I have a confession to make. I absolutely love the ETK shadows, but I haven’t got a clue how to use them. I look at them with the same “deer in the headlights” look I reserve for any attempt to use pigments (also a complete enigma for me). I’m afraid I’ll just end up with disco-ball lids. =/ Are these easy to blend? I love this look you did with the Khaki.

LOL Kayla. Oh I know, whenever I encounter a different texture of shadow I kind of clamp up a bit on how I am going to apply. These are easy. You could use your fingers, though I think you are like me and prefer to use brushes whenever you can. I use synthetic brushes from Real Techniques to apply and it works great. No fall out for me with these thus far. Also, not picking up too much pigment from the start helps. :)

• Kayla says:

Haha glad to know I’m not the only who gets a little nervous about it! Thanks for the application tips, I’ll definitely have to try these out.

10. Sabrina says:

I want to try these shadows soooooo badly but they are a bit too pricey for me. I love the look on you!

Thanks! Oh, I know. The price is the only negative I have to say about these. I wish it were around the $22-$25 range instead!

11. Ahhh I love this! The shimmer in it is perfect.. And u need the tinest amount to get that beautiful khaki eye look..

You look fab hun!