Hi ladies! We are in June, finally! It means that summer has officially arrived! To celebrate, I busted out some drugstore goodies that I find are great for the summer in terms of coverage and color.I cannot tell you how excited I am for the temperatures to be rising up and up and for the sun to be out constantly. In a word, it’s awesome.

L-R: Loreal Cystallized Coral, Prestige Fever, NYX Hot Pink, NYX Pinky, Physician's Formula Waikiki Strip

Loreal Endless Platinum Lipstick in Crystallized Coral: I got this about two years ago, but I still bring it out every now and then when the weather warms up. I like the nudey-brown infusion to it, and that’s what makes it pretty unique to my collection. The formula is also lightweight and shiny like a gloss.

Prestige Lipstick in Fever: I believe I also got this a few years ago, but I still love it just as much. It is a great coral for summer. I like the Prestige lipstick formula because it isn’t drying and goes on smoothly. I believe you can find Prestige products at Ulta, though I remember I purchased this at a Walgreens back then.

NYX Hot Pink Cream Blush: A newer addition to my collection, this color has Hot Summer Day written all over it. It is a stunningly bright pink cream blush. It goes on smoothly and is reminiscent of the old MAC Blushcreme formula. In the summer I die for cream blushes and wear them almost daily.

NYX Powder Blush in Pinky: Also a new blush to my collection, Pinky stood out from the NYX line to me as that perfect rosey pink color, and let me tell you, it delivered! I like the NYX blush formulas because they are highly pigmented and blend like a dream. They are very soft and rival much more expensive brands in the blush department. I picked both the NYX blushes up from Cherry Culture.

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Waikiki Strip

Have you ladies found any summer swoon worthy pieces from the drugstore? Do share below!

P.S. Anyone else dying to find the Wet n Wild Summer Collection!? I have searched high and low several times, I am majorly bumming over here!

14 Responses to “What’s Going On At The Drugstore…”

1. JC says:

Hi again Danielle,

I appreciate you e-mailing me back so quickly and for being so detailed and helpful. Again, you have amazing swatches and these are gorgeous and highly pigmented products. I literally love all the colors you swatched, but I have a special affinity for the Physicians’ Formula Waikiki Strip Shimmer Strip because I live here on O’ahu.

Great post, as always.

Aww! Thanks JC! Yeah, I love if for the name too, although I’ve never been to Hawaii! I have heard it’s a lovely and beautiful place though! Just putting it on makes me feel like an island girl ;)

2. River says:

That last one is so pretty!

The NYX hot pink is so bright, think I’d be too scared to try it. haha.

Hey River- I know, it looks scary in the pan too! But like anything, a light hand and stippling brush works wonders for blushes like these! :)

OMG I need that Hot Pink NYX blush. I’ve been searching for a bright cream blush for summer and this looks perfect. Wonder if it could double as a lip color in a pinch for touchups on the beach.

Hey Kayla—yes this is totally summer worthy! Hmm, I haven’t tried it on my lips but I am going to look into that (make sure it’s lip safe) and try it out if it is! Great idea! :)

4. Rai says:

I just purchased that Hot Pink blush. I can’t wait until my package arrives. :D

i love the pf shimmer strips but i always wait for a sale too since they arent cheap in the drugstore scale! and ive seen w&w’s summer collection at cvs…

Hi Kelly- Yes! and OMG, you have spotted the new eye trio? Totally jealous! Have been stalking my Walgreens weekly for it!

6. Tiffany says:

NYX Hot Pink looks GORGEOUS! I love the MAC Blushcreme formula – such a shame they got rid of it.

I know! :( The new ones are quite thin, I don’t feel like they have the staying power of the old ones. But luckily, NYXs formula is very very close to that old formulation. Have you tried any of the NYX Cream Blushes?

7. Nyx hot pink looks so niiiice! I love Nyx’s cream blushes.. They’re really creamy and easy to apply..

I agree! NYX has some stellar products, and I really enjoy their cream blushes in particular! Do you have a favorite shade? I can’t decide on just one!