Happy Memorial Day! (if you live in the States that is) and I want to thank our military servicemen and servicewomen past and present for their heroism and dedication.  Both my grandfathers served in the military (Army and Navy) so I truly appreciate everything they do and have done.

In true celebratory fashion, this also marks my 100th post! Wow. 100 posts seems like an awful lot. I am excited to have made it this far, and look forward to the next 100 posts with you girls! At this rate, that should be around my 1 year blogiversary, but we shall see! I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting me, for reading, sharing personal stories and becoming friends. This has been an amazing journey and I am so grateful to be part of a community as diverse and extraordinary as the online beauty world, and thank you for letting me have a small part in it :)

Now that I’ve got the mushy stuff out of my system, let’s get on with it, shall we? I decided that I wanted to finally share my bronzer swatches with you guys, along with some more summery looks I have recently done. I have been saying I was going to post this for ages, but something else seemingly more “important” always came up. But no longer! Just in time for summer….

*PS- This post features a bit of link love to some of my favorite ladies in honor of my 100th post and their awesome support, I kept it relevant to the topic so if you don’t see your blog here, don’t fret. I still love you!

L-R: Milani Baked Blush Bellissimo Bronze, MAC So Ceylon, Too Faced Sun Bunny, Tarte Park Avenue Princess, ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer Duo (Blush not shown), Loreal Glam Bronze Enchanted Sunrise

These bronzers all contain shimmer or a slight sheen to them. The most sparkly is the Milani one on the far left. The Loreal Glam Bronze one is a cherished item for me. I got it several years ago, and it was probably my first bronzer ever. It is the only bronzer I have ever hit pan on, and it’s almost gone sadly :( All of these are lovely and each have a slightly different undertone to them. You can also see Bellilissimo Bronze featured in Rai of Glam Morena’s April Favorites post here.

Inspired by MakeYuUp's post and MakeupbyTiffanyD's video

A true summer FOTD. I am wearing Chanel Bronze Universel all over in lieu of foundation. I’ve also used MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow and Chromagraphic pencil along with Stila 24kt shadow on my eyes. For blush I popped on Milani Terra Sole bake Blush and I am wearing MAC Lovelorn on the lips with a dab of Philosophy Melon Daiquiri lipgloss. I was inspired by Yu of Let’s MakeuUp (see her post here) to do this FOTD and TiffanyD’s video on YT. I love it!

Green and Bronze look

Again, I used Milani Terra Sole here, along with a bit of MAC Give Me Sun MSFN. For my eyes I used a new for Spring eyeshadow quad by Sonia Kashuk called Bronzed Beauty. I also used the green shadow on the lower lashline from my Victoria’s secret palette from last summer. I twitpic’d that palette here. On my lips I am wearing MAC Naked lipliner, MAC Ravishing and Korres Nude gloss

L-R: Physician Formula Cashmere Bronzer (darker shade), Milani Terra Sole Baked Blush, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, Bourjois #52 Bronzer, MAC Give Me Sun!, Benefit Hoola

Again, all these shades are different in tone, but this time they are matte. The PF one has a slight sheen to it, but not noticeable really. My two clear favorites here are Give Me Sun and Terra Sole. I love them alone and paired together. My least favorite is Benefit Hoola. I just don’t care for it on me all that much. The Too Faced and Bourjois ones both smell of chocolate, the Too Faced having more of a cocoa scent and Bourjois being more sugary. Thanks to H at 25FLondon for sending me the Bourjois bronzer in a swap. You can also see the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer reviewed here by the lovely Ebru of Ebrushka’s Makeup Bag.

MAC Surf Baby Look

I used some of my newer Surf Baby items for this summery look. I am wearing Chanel Bronze Universel on my cheeks along with My Paradise Cheek Powder, MAC Hibiscus lipstick and Swell Baby Eyeshadows.  Jacquelyn of FabDiva20 shows us her Surf Baby haul here and Kia of KillerLipgloss has some awesome swatches here as well.

Fun with Purples!

My cheek color isn’t as apparent here, but  can tell you it was definitely Terra Sole and a bit of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. I am wearing Lancome’s 5 color palette in Amethyst Glam along with the Ombre Magnetique in Ultra Lavande. I am wearing Lancome lipstick in Poodle Skirt with Juicy Tubes in Moulin Rose on my lips.  Kayla of Beauty Charade did a lovely purple look here. Tara of Keeping Up With Me took a makeup class at Illamasqua and I love the pinky rose shade of lipstick she is wearing here.

L-R: Too Faced Aqua Bunny, Chanel Bronze Universel, Dior Aurora, Flirt! Sweet Desire

Too Faced Aqua Bunny is a cream bronzer in the way of Bronze Universel (Soleil tan de Chanel) but it is darker, and water resistant. I really like the Aqua Bunny bronzer, especially in the summer for the water resistant formula and because it’s darker and suites my skintone better once I have a tan going. The Bronze Universel is lovely and a splurge because it isn’t cheap. But I adore the fragrance and texture. Dior Aurora wasn’t my idea, but after Tiffany from Will Work For Makeup posted here, Julie from Lil Lady’s Life posted here and Jessica from Getting Cheeky posted here about the wonders of this bronzer/blush in one I have to try it out. For those looking for a bit more dark version of Aurora, Delyteful speaks has recommended the Dior Sunset shade in her post here.

Wearing Dior Aurora

In the picture above I am wearing Dior Aurora along with Chanel’s bronzing base all over. The glow the camera is picking up is from my Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow in Rose Gold, I am over the moon for that product! I am wearing Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense in Khaki Pulse lightly on the eyes and MAC Ever Hip with NYX Golden Pink lipgloss layered over. Jessica from Don’t Call Me Jessie has done some lovely FOTDs with Dior Aurora here.

That wraps up this welcome-to-summer and 100th post extravaganza. Although I know that officially summer doesn’t start til mid June, we all know that summer has arrived with blooms and sunshine and brightly colored lipsticks. Thanks again for your kindness and support, without my friends and readers this wouldn’t be anything worth doing!

36 Responses to “My 100th Post! Bronzer-Mania, An Ode to Summertime, and Link Love!”

1. Delyteful Speaks says:

Aurora looks stunning on you girl! And I love the green & bronze look on you.. You rocked it!

2. Kia says:

Congrats on your 100th post!!! Jeez Louise you have a lot of bronzers! You’re so naturally pretty though so everything looks good on you. And honey chile Hibiscus should be your summer lippie because it’s awesome sauce on you! I hope you bought a backup! (I’m not enabling…. Ok maybe a little) XOXO

Awww, *hugs* thanks Kia! I really do like Hibiscus, it’s going to be in my bag all summer. Plus, the packaging has grown on me and I just like taking it out of my bag because it *looks* summery on the outside too.

3. Celine says:

Ohh myyy..i love the green and bronze look! Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the swatches! :) I think I have enough bronzers for now, but I will definitely go back to this post whenever I want to buy another one!

Thank you Celine! I love that green shade too, it’s a great summer color. No problem, I love doing swatches because it’s what I am always searching for when I look into a product.

I love how you mixed link love in to a normal post!

I had never thought of skipping foundation all together and just putting on some of Chanel’s Tan Soleil (or Bronzing Base? or Tan Universel …. the should stop changing the name!) on your cheeks. I’ve been waiting to pick it up, but I definitely need it before the summer kicks off officially!

Thanks Jessica! Yes, the Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel (aka bronzing base aka Bronze Universel) is awesome for all over and for just on the cheeks.

5. Rai says:

Link love & congrats on your 100th post! <3

You look gorgeous in the yellow look! This reminds me I need to post my bronzer post. lol

WOW!!! i loooved all the FOTD’s demonstrating all the products. All the product lists were amazing too!! ur eyes look amazing with the lancome amythest quad, and ALL of the Too faced bronzers look soo good!!!

Thanks so much for sharing and linking.
    This post was so helpful! i must look for milani terre sol!
    Surprised the loreal one looked so good also!

7. Christa says:

This is such a helpful post–I’ve been trying to decide between a few of these bronzers, and your swatches made it so easy to compare them! Thank you so much for making my decision-making process a lot easier, and congrats on your 100th post!

Thank you Christa! Let me know what one you decide to get, sometimes it’s hard choosing a bronzer just based on a picture alone, so I am glad my swatches helped!

8. Tiffany says:

Happy 100th post! I loved this post! All of these FOTDs are gorgeous, but my favorites have to be the yellow eyeshadow one and the purple eyeshadow one – you look AMAZING in those! Also, I’m so glad you got and love Aurora…I’ve been kind of obsessed with it lately. Also also, the Jemma Kidd Rose Gold highlighter looks amazing on you and I definitely think I need to look into getting that soon. Where’d you order yours from? Also also also, when I was at CVS the other day looking for Milani Luminoso, I didn’t see it but I found Terra Sole instead. I contemplated getting it but then I didn’t because I couldn’t make up my mind! The fact that you like it so much makes me wish I had gotten it. Ok, I’m done now :)

Thanks so much Tiffany! I got my JK Rose Gold from BeautyBar.com I had a great experience with them and they shipped everything so fast! Luminoso and Terra Sole have become my 2 favorites from the Milani line! I wish I would have known that during my giveaway, I would have chosen a different color so that I gave away my favorite! Oh well, next time! :)

Congrats on your 100th post! Great bronzer collection – I especially love the green and bronze look :)

Congrats on your 100th post, dear! I hope my blog turns out have as well as yours has! <3

I've been hunting for a nice bronzy glow lately and I really like the look of Aqua Bunny! Love how you separated the swatches by finish. Very helpful!

11. Yu says:

All your looks are so PRETTY, and I envy your collection! I think my favourite one is the yellow one ;) And also the green and bronze one! Thanks for the mention – I love your take on it, Tiffany’s videos are awesome! :)

Thanks, Yu! I do love her videos, she inspires many purchases of mine! LOL. *high five* for loving yellow looks! ;)

12. 25FLONDON says:

I love these kinds of posts, & they’re the ones you do best! Huge ones, with tons of information.

A few things I’ve learned: I don’t need Tarte Park Ave Princess because it’s too similar to Too Faced Sun Bunny to warrant a purchase! & Too Faced Chocolate Soleil looks very similar to Hoola, but I don’t love Hoola – it’s great for contour at times (rarely haha..), but not as an all over bronzer. Do you think Chocolate Soleil is nicer than it? Basically, should I get it?! Also, I didn’t realise Aqua Bunny was a cream! I’ve not seen it in person – could be the reason. Or maybe they don’t stock it in the UK? But I love it now that I know!

Lastly, I love your eye look that you wore using Amethyst Glam! Stunning. Belated congratulations on your 100th post!

Thank you dear, on all counts!
      I agree with you on Hoola. I don’t care for it so much. I do like Chocolate Soleil better than Hoola for sure. Hoola looks….ashy? on me. The TF doesn’t. It isn’t my most favorite bronzer that I have, but I do like it. I prefer Aqua Bunny over it though, possibly because I tend to like the creamy bronzers, plus it’s a bit darker. With all of the bronzers you have though, I am not sure that Chocolate Soleil is a must have for you, tbh. I should see if I can somehow get a sample of each from Sephora to send to you in our swap! I am sure that I will be able to ;)

13. Tara says:

Thanks for the mention lovely. I love your blog and can’t wait for more posts. You’re amazing! I love that shade i was wearing too- i need to go for mopre bright pinks! X

Aww, thanks Tara and no problem, I feel the same about you and your blog ;) you should, it looked stunning on you!

14. Jennifer says:

dior aurora looks nice on your cheeks ^_^! i have yet to cave in, haha

15. Marissa says:

These bronzers are just so pretty and look so natural on you! I wish I could get them to look like that on me *sigh*

16. Jen W says:

you look great in all the bronzers, and I absolutely LOVE the first FOTD. So summery and fab

Thanks Jen! The yellow is so much fun, have you tried out a yellow eyeshadow yet? It’s surprisingly wearable!

17. vanessa says:

love your collection,I was wondering in your opinion which matte bronzer would work best for contouring,on a nc25 skin tone? I often get bronzers that are often orangey. Xoxo

Hi Vanessa! Hmm, I think you could definitely pull off Tarte Smooth Operator powder in bronze. It’s a loose powder but it works wonders. I really enjoy the formula and the finish. I can use it to warm up my whole face. It can be used sheerly or built up. Or, for a drugstore option you might want to try Physicians Formula Cashmere bronzer, the lighter shade. It’s soft and natural looking. Hope this helps!