Battle of the Blush: Peach/Coral/Orange Edition

Happy Hump Day again! Wow, I sure wish this weather would figure out what season it is. Hot then cold, sunny then rainy. Make up your mind already! But, for the most part things are warming up around here, and thank goodness. Since we are fast approaching June (I know!!!) I figured it was high time a did a peachy/coral/orange blush post, so here it is! These blushes represent some of my all time favorites. I have my eye on a few more blushes in this color range, but for the most part I’d say I am pretty satisfied with my collection thus far. Let me know what your favorites are, and if you’d like to see a pink blush post!

*PS- these are all powder blushes. I am saving the creams/liquids for another post ;)

L-R: Korres #44 Botanically Coated Blush, Illamasqua Lover, MAC Ripe Peach, Hard Candy Skinny Dipping

The Korres blush above is discontinued. It was a different formula than the newly discontinued Zea Mays #44 Orange that you will see later in this post. This one is definitely more peachy. Lover is a bright peach while Ripe Peach is more pink peach and Skinny Dipping is slightly more orange yet than Ripe Peach. Ripe Peach and Skinny Dipping both have a sheen to them, while Lover and #44 are matte.

L-R: MAC Mighty Aphrodite, MAC Peaches, MAC Instant Chic, Benefit CORALista

None of these blushes are really similar, but they all belong to the Peach family in my estimation. I am not sure why CORALista is coming up more pink than it really is in real life, it could just be because it’s more pink when compare to Instant Chic.

L-R: Stila Make Me Blush, Too Faced Papa Don't Peach, The Balm Hot Mama, Tarte Clay Blush Glisten

Stila Make Me Blush is the odd man out in this group, being that it is much more coral in color than the other three. All of these have a gold sheen to them. Too Faced is slightly darker than Hot Mama, which is not quite as pigmented as Tarte Glisten. Hot Mama’s gold sheen is more obvious than the others.

L-R: Milani Baked Blush Luminoso, Milani Baked Blush Coralina, Milani Mai Tai, Urban Decay Score

You have seen the baked blushes here before, and here you can see that none of the four blushes above are really all that similar. Luminoso is a true peach with shimmer, while Mai Tai is an orangey coral with a slight, almost undetectable sheen. Score fits in with the ones from above (i.e. Hot Mama). Coralina is a true coral with plenty of shimmer. Oddly enough, with the Milani baked blushes, the shimmer is not as noticeable on the face as it is in a swatch.

L-R: Milani Baked Blush Rose D'Oro, MAC Stereo Rose, Korres #44 Orange Zea Mays, Sonia Kashuk Sunset

Already touted as dupes be other bloggers and myself, Rose D’Oro and Stereo Rose really are quite similar. Sunset is a bright coral peach, while #44 orange is a deeper coral with an orange sheen. Korres #44 Zea Mays is one of my most favorite blushes.

L-R: MAC Bite of an Apple, MAC My Paradise, MAC Devil, NARS Exhibit A

I NEVER would have described Bite of an Apple (LE with Venomous Villains) as a pink alone, but next to the more orangey-red blushes in my collection it looks a lot more pink then when she flies solo. My Paradise (LE with Surf Baby)  is definitely more coral than Devil (which is a MAC Pro color). Devil has a sheen to it, and is slightly more orange in color than Exhibit A, which is matte.

L-R: NYX Cinnamon, NYX Love, NARS Taj Mahal

I had several times heard that NYX Cinnamon was similar to Taj Mahal. For me, the only similarity they have is that they both happen to be shades of orange. Different shades, at that. Cinnamon is much lighter and brighter, and leaning towards a peachy orange and is matte, while Taj Mahal is deeper, darker orange and has an obvious gold sheen. NYX Love might just be the marriage of the two, falling somewhere right in between, and how conveniently placed is that swatch ;)

I have absolutely no idea why the above photo doesn’t show the normal caption (believe me it’s there) and why it doesn’t have a frame. Growing pains! Anyway swatches from L-R: Tarte Tipsy, Sleek Pan Tao, Barry M Apricot, Illamasqua Excite

I hate to say it *again* but these are not really all that similar. Isn’t it amazing how many peachy/coral blushes there can be that aren’t alike? It’s madness! Barry M is definitely the darkest and most orange of the 4 above. Excite and Pan Tao are kind of similar, but Pan Tao leans more peach while Excite leans slightly to the orange side (slightly,and I do mean *slightly*) so those two could pass for almost dupes. Tipsy seems more pink in comparison to the other three, but you have seen Tipsy on it’s own on my blog, and it’s anything but. I think the lesson here is that Tipsy leans more towards pinky coral, while the others lean toward peach/orange.

Well, that wraps up the powder blushes. I am still trying to decide whether to post bronzers or the cream orange/coral/peaches next. Any thoughts? I hope you ladies enjoyed this, it was a lot of fun digging through my stash and seeing how things were similar, or not so much. It was kind of surprising to me as well.

This entry was posted in Barry M, Benefit, Hard Candy, Korres, MAC, Milani, NARS, NYX, Sleek, Sonia Kashuk, Stila, Tarte, TheBalm, Too Faced, Urban Decay and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Battle of the Blush: Peach/Coral/Orange Edition

1. annie says:

Exhibit A seems like it would be impossible to wear but I’ve seen it look amazing on some people!

Amazing swatch-fest here! Thanks for the great pics!

• admin says:

Thanks Annie! Many of the bright blushes look so intimidating in the pans, but look gorgeous when applied with the right brush/hand. Some of them are best once you try them on your face at a counter or at Sephora. :)

absolutely drooooooling over all ur swatches!!!! thanks soooo much for em.
    Papa dont peach has been on my list for ages! I wanted to do a peach blush post too but u beat me to it, and ur collection is way bigger!~ loved seeing this!!!

orange creams plz!!!! i have been into peach blushes all year and less pinks so my collection is growing! soon we should compare! ;)

• admin says:

Thanks Julie! You should do yours still, I can’t wait to see what you’ve got and how they compare to each other.
      Yes we should. If we pooled all our makeup together we wouldn’t want for anything, I can bet on that ;)

Ahhh, my retinas are burning from all the gorgeous bright blushes in this post! Love it! Definitely going to use this as a cheat-sheet for your next “Name That” blush product quiz! ;)

4. Ahhhh I loooove! Such great collection! I LOVE bright blushes! I adore Illamasqua’s Lover.. It’s one of favs.. Great swatches hun! Thanks

• admin says:

Thanks dear! I know, bright blushes are soo much fun, especially now that over here it is just about summertime!

5. Justine says:

We have some of the same blushes.. cause we are both obsessed with peaches! I love Taj Mahal and it’s nothing like Cinnamon, although Cinnamon is pretty too. I am afraid that My Paradise does not come out looking that lovely on me, was your swatch with the gold?

I would love to get my hands on Illamasqua, sleek and sonia kashuk, but we have none of those in Canada!! :(

Hi Justine! Yeah, we both kinda have the same taste where blushes are concerned don’t we? Peaches are just so flattering! This was swatched without the gold, but I have swatched it with in a previous post!

6. Celine says:

Ooooo, MAC Devil! It looks fierce. I might have to stop by MAC soon! :)

Thanks for the swatches Danielle! They’re really good. What camera do you use?

7. 25FLONDON says:

Great post! Glad to now know that I don’t *need* Illamasqua Excite like I first thought! I love Pan Tao, & if I ever end up running out of it (doubtful) I’m glad to know there is a dupe out there!

Yeah, Pan Tao is very similar in color. Texture is a bit different, but if it’s the color you’re after Pan Tao will do just fine. :D

8. Natty says:

WOW! This post was incredibly helpful!! Awesome swatches! Thank you!

9. Vanessa says:

love your blog,can you do more of the cream oranges,peaches,pinks . Your collection is amazing. Xoxo

Hi Vanessa! Thanks so much ;) I am planning on doing my cream blushes very soon. I am waiting for one more to arrive for comparison’s sake, and than I can post! :D

10. Vanessa says:

Great,can’t wait to see. Can you do one n bronzers too? I was also wondering is Milani luminouso the same as macs utterly game or nuance wld you say? I love peachy blushes and is Interested in the milanis one ,but dnt want to get another exact dupe of something I already own. Thank you. Have a blessed day. Xoxo

Actually Vanessa, I already did a bronzer comparison post…you can see that one here. I will swatch Nuance and Luminoso and see if they are close. I don’t own Utterly Game, so I can’t say about that. You are so welcome! :)

11. emily says:

Benefit Coralista looks very similar to MAC instant chic. Is that the case in real life? or does MAC peaches look more like MAC instant chic?

love all the swatches! very helpful

Hi Emily! Coralista is somewhat similar but Peaches is much more peach/apricot. One of the closest blushes I have found to Instant Chic is actually Tarte’s Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful. It’s very, very close :)

• Sarah says:

I just happened upon your blog looking for swatches of mac instant chic. I am glad I read the reviews because now I can try Tarte’s Amazonian Clay blush in Blissful and hopefully achieve the same look. Thanks!

12. selena says:

Hi..

This is really helpful as i’m desperately trying to find a new blusher i like! I was previously using YSL 07 Cinnamon but they discontinued it..i then found a fab replacement with RMK EX-02 Orange.. but they’ve now discontinued that too! So i’m on the hunt for a new one that’s similar to the above colours. Can you recommend any??
    Thanks

Hi Selena

I think Korres #44 Orange may be the shade you are looking for. I don’t have the YSL or the RMK to compare but I did do some googling and found that to be similar based on the photos I saw. Taj Mahal by NARS is slightly more orange but when used lightly may do well for you. Good luck!

13. Pingback: 2 Years Later: What I’ve Learned & Loved About Blogging |

14. BooBooNinja says:

Would you consider Sonia Kashuk Sunset to be a good dupe of MAC Ripe Peach?
    (I hope MAC repromotes RP soon. It’s gorgeous!)

15. Jaimielee says:

I thought this post would help me narrow down which blushes to try but instead I’ve added a billion to my list! Ah!

16. Eli says:

Wooow! This was one of the most useful posts, I’ve stumbled upon recently! hanks, I was just looking for some Milani swatches, but ended up wanting so many of the others :D

17. OMG this post is amazing!! Please do a similar post for all your pink blushes!! Pleeeeaaaaaaassse??